Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baddiel and Skinner

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone listening to their superb World Cup podcasts?

I appreciate the fact that podcasting means they can go and watch the tournament games, but why the hell are they not on television anymore, when chumps like James Corden are?

ITV are relying on Peter Crouch's Mrs to get the ratings up, when there's two genuinely funny men simply talking football for free - no gimmicks (not even a phoenix from the flames!).

I recommend anyway.

snf0537a_380_671250a.jpg

(ok, so faces for radio perhaps...)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Baddiel was saying that much as they enjoyed doing the Fantasy Football shows, it really impinged on their enjoyment of the tournaments. They just want to watch or go to the games and not have to do a TV show straight afterwards.

Fair play to them. I've not tried those podcasts yet - are they all there backdated ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Very, very good - they've still got it. Their George Formby-esque song about vuvuzelas had me nearly DIRTYING myself with laughter on the train.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think Baddiel was saying that much as they enjoyed doing the Fantasy Football shows, it really impinged on their enjoyment of the tournaments. They just want to watch or go to the games and not have to do a TV show straight afterwards.

Fair play to them. I've not tried those podcasts yet - are they all there backdated ?

Yeah, understandable I suppose.

You can hear them all hear I think, but they are all on Itunes also

Baddiel & Skinner's Absolute Radio Podcast - Absolute Radio

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah it's been far better than World Cup Daily, which has been far too negative and cynical.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Far more credible than most pundits and also very clever as well as being very funny.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting interview with Frank Skinner the other day.

He was advised to invest most of his money with AIG and has lost millions. He thought at one point he was broke.

He went back on the road, because financially he needed to.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone listening to their superb World Cup podcasts?

I appreciate the fact that podcasting means they can go and watch the tournament games, but why the hell are they not on television anymore, when chumps like James Corden are?

ITV are relying on Peter Crouch's Mrs to get the ratings up, when there's two genuinely funny men simply talking football for free - no gimmicks (not even a phoenix from the flames!).

I recommend anyway.

snf0537a_380_671250a.jpg

(ok, so faces for radio perhaps...)

They do radio work, don't they. Skinner does his saturday show, and the chap on the right does the Albion Roar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and DB has just written a film The Infidel.

Anyway my W/C listening constitutes that, Alan Davis' armchair World Cup, Danny Baker, plus I also get an perspective from PTI on ESPN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here