Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peace Ship Attacked

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
An absolute outrage and estimated 10-19 activists killed in international waters, unbelievable indeed.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

No, unfortunately very believeable and true to form.

I think it was only last week the Israelis were invited to Washington for peace talks - what a joke. For as long as those bunch of facists remain in power there will never be a sniff of peace in the Middle East. What are the odds someone within the next few years detonates a nuclear warhead in Israel, pretty short I would say.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Expect NO public condemnation and much behind the scenes support from this wonderful Tory govt.

What? You remember when Labour where in office and Isreal invated Gaza, how long did it take for the Labour Government to condem the violence?

Back on
t_1172957168.jpg

I normally support Isreal. But boy do they do themselves no favours. I think this could be the final straw for me. Insedently, the Isreali President is talking to Obama tomorrow at a time when US-Isreali relations are low already.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
An absolute outrage and estimated 10-19 activists killed in international waters, unbelievable indeed.

was it in international waters? In that case I hope the UN goes berko at them, but they won't of course.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Good on the French "Nothing can justify the use of violence such as this, which we condemn."

Lets hope the British Gov comes out just as strongly.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Wow, what are the facts?
Were there weapons on board?
Were the Israeli's justified in boarding?
Were the soldiers attacked when they boarded?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Good on the French "Nothing can justify the use of violence such as this, which we condemn."

Lets hope the British Gov comes out just as strongly.

yeah imagine sinking ships as you dont like their politics. good on the french!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wow, what are the facts?
Were there weapons on board?
Were the Israeli's justified in boarding?
Were the soldiers attacked when they boarded?

first sensible post, not assuming anything. from what i understand of it, the Isrealis boarded some boats running their blockade (the legality of which is a seprate question), scuffles broke out and someone got shot. queue more shooting.

we will never see or know the true picture, and most will only want to believe their favored sides version of events.

i'm sure the French only take such an approach to annoy and be seen to be different to the US/UK approach. Frenchie has a long history of heavy handed reaction to similar problems in their north African outposts, and i seem to recall they shot up a pirate ship off somalia recently.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Peace Ship? Not an accurate description, I'd suggest.

Nope, and heading to Gaza. They were invited to head to another port, but kept going to try to break a naval blockade. The people on board attached the soldiers with knives and they only opened fire when the terrorists tried to take their guns. It is standard practice to board ships trying to break naval blockades, I believe our navy do it regularly in the Gulf?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
first sensible post, not assuming anything. from what i understand of it, the Isrealis boarded some boats running their blockade (the legality of which is a seprate question), scuffles broke out and someone got shot. queue more shooting.

we will never see or know the true picture, and most will only want to believe their favored sides version of events.

i'm sure the French only take such an approach to annoy and be seen to be different to the US/UK approach. Frenchie has a long history of heavy handed reaction to similar problems in their north African outposts, and i seem to recall they shot up a pirate ship off somalia recently.

Suggest you wathc the videos... gone are the days when little can be found out...now we live in the world of Twitter and Youtube

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
So what? A few rich ne'er-do-wells went tooled up on a "Peace Mission" to a terrorist government and got toasted

Who gives a f***?

Roll on the World Cup

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Where's Steve Foster. That's what we need to know, he'lll be able to tell us the truth*

* Warning truth may not be true outside of Israel

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes, exactly - they were warned and invited to another port!

Warned they were going to be shot at with live ammunition?

I thought most governements had worked out how to pacify unarmed protesters without using live ammunition

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Warned they were going to be shot at with live ammunition?

I thought most governements had worked out how to pacify unarmed protesters without using live ammunition

According to your own link, they only opened fire when the terrorists tried to take their guns. They should have kept their troops safe and just sunk the ships if they did not divert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here