Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Gordon Brown have stayed on ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Should Brown have quit as P/M on Friday May 7th,thus allowing CMD to form a minority Govt. Brown could have stayed on as Labour leader to lead a Labour fightback (?) safe in the knowledge that a general election could well be called within a matter of months. :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Or alternatively he could stayed on to lead a Labour annihiliation in the next election in July/August, as soon as they had lost the vote of confidence in the Queen's speech.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont be daft, as said he wouldnt have got past the opening of parliament.

and why would we want him to stay on, so they could continue to spend money they dont have, on pet projects and sideshow policies?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Don't get me wrong i am glad to see the back of him (and Labour) all i am asking is was remaining Labour leader an option and waiting for the minority govt to fall ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No,but the LibDemotwats should have forced the Tories into forming a minority govt rather than abandoning their erstwhile opposition for a sniff of power.A shot in the foot.The Tories would have had to moderate their policies in the knowledge that they could be ousted in a trice and the Liberals would have retained their integrity.

And there would have been another GE for certain in the autumn,though surely one cannot be that far off.And of course the Liberals will be opposing the Tories again when there is.Ho Hum.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should have been drafted into the coalition as a Subject Matter Expert on the economy. New ginger **** from the Lib Dems has no relevent experience whatsoever, and George Osborne only a bit more than that. Ever get the feeling you've been HAD?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It was crazy when Hague said the next general election will be in 2015, he can't seriously believe that. I can't see this coalition making it to 2011.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The people that choose to be politicians do so because it is the easy option to holding down a real job. They are ALL jobsworths and are carried by the civil servants who actually run the Government , regardless of which political party is in power. I hate the lot of them with a vengeance, almost as much as I hate lawyers, the profession that lie for a living. It's little wonder that a large percentage of politicians are Barristers:censored:

Edit: Sorry for the rant but the David Laws business has pissed me right off today

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oh the memories. Gordon Brown Texture like sun.

FXCZKugWYAEoXEr.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here