The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Folders Lane if you have the money :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have you asked the residents of these towns and villages whether or not they want to start a family with you ? Or is this just a general rampage ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A friend of mine moved there last autumn. Lovely house with some great views and a little duckpond and green just at the back of his house. So, yes, there are.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Folders Lane (as already mentioned) or just off on Kingsway are pretty good. If you are driving around would also suggest around the Triangle, some good houses there.
My old man did this 30 years ago and decided on Hassocks. This was based on having schools in walking distance and on the mainline. Guess it's what your priorities are?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Said by someone coming from Luton!:lol:

I like Burgess Hill. It's a bit of a dump in some places but there's friendly, down to earth people there. The area near the Top House is nice.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Said by someone coming from Luton!:lol:

I like Burgess Hill. It's a bit of a dump in some places but there's friendly, down to earth people there. The area near the Top House is nice.

I'm in a very lucky (??) position not to have lived anywhere near the shithole that is Luton, and on my trips to home games I get in and out of the town as quickly as possible.

I support Luton as when I was young my cousin played for them when they got promoted to the first division. I had a lucky escape really as if I had started supporting the side closest to where I was born I would be a Crystal Palace supporter.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Folders lane was a lot nicer before everyone decided to build houses in their back gardens. Janes Lane doesn't look like lasting much longer untouched either but is one of the nicest at the moment.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
maps

I don't know what you lot are talking about, it looks a delightful place.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Folders Lane (as already mentioned) or just off on Kingsway are pretty good. If you are driving around would also suggest around the Triangle, some good houses there.
My old man did this 30 years ago and decided on Hassocks. This was based on having schools in walking distance and on the mainline. Guess it's what your priorities are?

Thanks, will have a look at that. Has to be on a train line as I work in London. Hassocks is my favourite at the moment but I still have a job of persuading my other half to move north from hove rather than east or west.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Janes lane is a five/10 minute walk from wivelsfield generally still get a seat leaving close to 7ish as possible before everyone bundles on (seatless) at haywards heath!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

As already said it used to be before the builders got hold of it. Siverdale/Ferndale is better and very close to the station

Nice leisure centre (The Triangle) and lots of nice cheap and cheerful shops in the town (Wilkinsons, Mackays etc) plus a Waitrose in contrast. Not sure if I would actually like to live there though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My first [mortgaged] place was in Weavers Close [off Kinsgway estate] in 1987
Moved 10 years later to Wolven Close [near to tesco] and was there for 5 years

Both were fine places to live - quiet cul-de-sacs with open fields within 2 or 3 mins walk. [mostly] nice neighbours, schools, etc.

Sure they may be less desirable streets in BH but you can find these in every town.

I there an issue?

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Burgess Hill itself isn't a bad town at all, it's some of the people that let it down. Good football team as well!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here