Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Leicestershire, Hove, 27-30 April, LVCC

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well they say never change a winning side I imagine that also goes for a flukey side. They must know this massive luck won't last and that Hoggard may even get two/three hatricks during the game. Reading stuff like this on their own website must demorlise them before they even start:

Sussex are currently sitting top of Division Two with a 100% record, following their comfortable 207 run victory over Gloucestershire at Bristol last week.

The squad is:

RG Aga
JE Anyon
CD Collymore
JS Gatting
MW Goodwin (c)
AJ Hodd
RSC Martin-Jenkins
CD Nash
R Naved-ul-Hasan
MS Panesar
MJ Prior
MA Thornely

BBC Sussex are providing ball-by-ball commentary on all 4 days of the match. The commentary can be found via the below address: BBC Sport - Cricket - County cricket commentaries

Good luck I know you will need it when you are finally found out this week and normalilty resumes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leics have started the season with 2 wins from 2, so will feel confident of battering a pitiful Sussex side who have literally fluked their way to 3 wins thanks to a couple of fortuitous coin tosses and slightly misjudged opponent tactics.

Service to be resumed today. The Sussex cricflids will get battered and rightly so.

Last edited:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Weather is going to be good today and tomorrow. Not sure about the 3rd and 4th day though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Farnrise very kindly offered me 4 day's of hostpitality, to include match tix, free bar including wine & champers, brunch, 3 course late lunch, end of game buffet, £100 sussex cricketer pub vouchers, 4 free curries at the Ashoka after the 4 days, free entry to pussy cats with £200 dance vouchers and finaly my BFH, I said who's playing and when told, I told them to Ram it I aint waisting 4 days of my life watching that shit!!!:censored:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Farnrise very kindly offered me 4 day's of hostpitality, to include match tix, free bar including wine & champers, brunch, 3 course late lunch, end of game buffet, £100 sussex cricketer pub vouchers, 4 free curries at the Ashoka after the 4 days, free entry to pussy cats with £200 dance vouchers and finaly my BFH, I said who's playing and when told, I told them to Ram it I aint waisting 4 days of my life watching that shit!!!:censored:

Wise words I can see you are not blinded by the lies and untruths spun by the Sussex cricket marketing board.

As a brave man who has seen the truth, if only I could be as strong and wean myself off this weird idea Sussex may play attractice cricket and even win something.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sussex team
CD Nash, MA Thornely, JS Gatting, MW Goodwin*, MJ Prior, AJ Hodd†, RSC Martin-Jenkins, Naved-ul-Hasan, JE Anyon, MS Panesar, CD Collymore
Leicestershire team
WI Jefferson, MAG Boyce, PA Nixon†, JWA Taylor, AB McDonald*, TJ New, JJ Cobb, NL Buck, WA White, CW Henderson, AJ Harris

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Sussex team
CD Nash, MA Thornely, JS Gatting, MW Goodwin*, MJ Prior, AJ Hodd†, RSC Martin-Jenkins, Naved-ul-Hasan, JE Anyon, MS Panesar, CD Collymore
Leicestershire team
WI Jefferson, MAG Boyce, PA Nixon†, JWA Taylor, AB McDonald*, TJ New, JJ Cobb, NL Buck, WA White, CW Henderson, AJ Harris

No Hoggard???

They'll beat us in three days now, not two.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Seeing as the weather is nice and I have nothing better to do I'm going to pop down to Hove today to watch us get humiliated.

Hopefully I'll learn my lesson this time, that Sussex will NEVER be worth watching, and I'll save my money next time out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here