Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    May I add that running is a useful tool to aid stress relief.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It's useful for depression as well.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry HT
      Spielberg is GOD.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It just seems people want to have a pop for the sake of it and it is not me being thin skinned. Just wind your necks in. Igot the e mail , the idea was mooted on nsc and I posted the good news on NSC, that is all. If you rad that its a " closed shop " or " its for all the mates " or " we are going to do it for our ego's " do one.
      Gareth, calm down. You are MILES off the mark on this one.

No-one is suggesting any of that at all. You can put together a team of volunteers off here to run the race, and raise sponsorship for the REMF. That will be great. Those people will all happily apply for places themselves though, and raise money off their own back.

You bond places, however, can basically be 'sold' to other people with NO INTEREST whatsoever in the REMF, who will nonetheless raise the requisite figure, in return for their spot.

It all adds up to MORE MONEY.

Everyone is trying to HELP you, not have a dig.

Relax.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Abort, retry, fail Barrel of Fun's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      It's useful for depression as well.
      My doctor told me that. As long as the run doesn't end up killing, all good.
      You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

0 Not allowed!
      It is the assumption made by sveral people I did not have the intelligence to think about advertsiing it elsewhere but it was just a jolly for mates on NSC. And the pop about leaflets ?, just leave it Gareth it ain't worth it.
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry Ed but I do think some people are just stirring shit for the sake of it. No offence to you or Roz.
      What, so Ed and Roz have offered constructive advice but HT and I are simply "shitstirring"?

Personally I've run two marathons, for two different charities - one of whom was for my stepfather's charity when he organised the gold bonds for St Catherine's hospice 11 years ago. On this issue, I know what I'm talking about.

However, I wish I hadn't commented on this now. Again.

0 Not allowed!
      I excluded ed and roz anyway we will buld up a team from ALL avenues.
      Spielberg is GOD.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      It is the assumption made by sveral people I did not have the intelligence to think about advertsiing it elsewhere but it was just a jolly for mates on NSC. And the pop about leaflets ?, just leave it Gareth it ain't worth it.
      Nobody has ever suggested that running for over TWENTY SIX MILES, to raise money for a charity, is in any way a 'jolly' for anyone.

No-one has had a pop. No-one is out to get you.

Relax.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      ...When we gauge the NSC interest we can put the net out wider and select a team based on all avenues , spaces available and fund raising....
      Actually, no. It sounds harsh but in this PARTICULAR instance, REMF should not be filling marathon places by offering them to NSC members and only later put the net out wider.

I don't want a binfest nor do I want to take away the achievement of getting REMF registered for charity places in the 2011 Brighton Marathon. It's marvellous news.

But.......and it is important to repeat this.....if you are a charity who has been allocated marathon places, then you don't start filling those places by asking your friends whether they fancy a 26 mile run. No matter how good those friends or how dedicated they are to your cause.

Instead, you plan a strategy aimed at delivering the maximum return for those gold bond places. You do this by setting a minimum amount of sponsorship for each place and you advertise these spaces amongst the running community. There is no reason to exclude people from, say, NSC (in fact you welcome anyone prepared to run on their own behalf but in support of REMF) but you don't give them priority.

It would be very sensible to promote REMF's involvement in the 2011 Marathon on the REMF website, right now - not least because the forthcoming Memorial Match brings more visitors to the site. But until a sensible strategy has been worked out, you ask for emailed expressions of interest only.

I'll bet there are people on NSC who know about gold bond places and charity status for marathons (Simster for starters). We should talk to him/them. But not right here, right now.

PS. I don't want to be excluded from offence. If I cause it, feel free to be offended. I don't, however, ever set out to do any such thing!