Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gloucestershire v Sussex, Bristol, 21-24 April, LVCC

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So after much speculation on here the squad has been announced. Prior back in, and its down to either Aga or Anyon to replace Wright. I wonder if they will open with the young ones. From the Sussex CCC website.

Prior back as Sussex take on Gloucestershire - News - Sussex County Cricket Club

RG Aga
JE Anyon
CD Collymore
JS Gatting
MW Goodwin (c)
AJ Hodd
RSC Martin-Jenkins
CD Nash
R Naved-ul-Hasan
MS Panesar
MJ Prior
MA Thornely

BBC Sussex are providing ball-by-ball commentary on all 4 days of the match. The commentary can be found via the below address: BBC Sport - Cricket - County cricket commentaries.

Good luck to Murray, we expect another win.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Personally I would open with Panesar & Collymore.

Or...

JS Gatting
CD Nash
MW Goodwin (c)
MJ Prior
MA Thornely
AJ Hodd
RSC Martin-Jenkins
R Naved-ul-Hasan
RG Aga / JE Anyon
MS Panesar
CD Collymore

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where are we in that there table. Mid table mediocrity I shouldn't wonder, after two highly fortunate victories. :nono:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
there is talk of Luke playing still depending on whether he gets released. The whole volcano flim flam looks like delaying the england departure

Oh I like that rumour up there with the volcanic dust is all a conspiracy to make way for an iminent alien invasion.

I hope Hodd keeps the gloves he has been playing well behind the stumps especially standing up to RMJ.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
RMJ - 10/129 & 162 runs (three innings) in two matches so far. :bowdown:

Another good game could see him topping the MVP table;

FTI MVP 2010 - The Professional Cricketers' Association

xx Player xx County xx Pts
1 Carter, Neil Warks 72
2 Foster, James Essex 63
3 Martin-Jenkins, Robin Sussex 62
4 Finn, Steven Middx 58
5 Hannon-Dalby, Oliver Yorks 57
6 Rogers, Chris Derbyshire 57

All I remember hearing is Joyce is out until May, so hopefully if he recovers quicker he may be back for the home game against Leicestershire at the end of this month.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah Hodd's keeping was excellent against Surrey and Prior's place in the test squad should be safe enough for him to play purely as a batsmen for a couple of matches

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Yeah Hodd's keeping was excellent against Surrey and Prior's place in the test squad should be safe enough for him to play purely as a batsmen for a couple of matches

I cant see that happening tho TBH.

That said Prior is a very good slip fielder

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
will be going down on friday and saturday for this one, providing gloucestershire haven't skittled us out by then

looking forward to catching up with jon lewis after the fun and folics that took place in the fpt semi last season

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tell 'em jon

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Remind us...?

he just seemed to spend most of his time in the field talking to supporters about how shit his side were, rather than actually fielding

thoroughly nice chap

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It's time you URGED Cult Zeros to branch into cricket.

there are so many potential t-shirts - maybe a brett lee one with "lee is gay" as the slogan in honour of those fine aussie chaps who were asked to leave eaton road last year

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
there are so many potential t-shirts - maybe a brett lee one with "lee is gay" as the slogan in honour of those fine aussie chaps who were asked to leave eaton road last year

The possibilities are quite frankly ENDLESS...

Saj Mahmood picture with the slogan "Call the plumbers, Saj is leaking again"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here