Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham/Southwick/Portslade

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Thinking about buying a house outside Brighton.

Are there any dodgy area's out there, or is it all nice? Will go and have a look around when I've got some time, just hoping the lovely people from NSC will give me some idea's.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
There are ok and not so nice areas in each of those locations. In Sourhwick there are some nice places around the green. Certain parts of Shoreham beach are nice and there are also a few nice newer developments around. Not so much in Portslade but possibly more affordable. The northern end of Mile Oak (furthest away from the school and the council bit above the school) is ok.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Anything in Southwick between the Railway and Old Shoreham Rd is nice, and infact North Southwick is also quite nice

What about south of the railway? ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They moved a lot of the problem families from the 'hawk and scoomy over to Mile Oak.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I used to live in Portslade Village many years ago. It was nice then. What's it like now?

As my signature alludes to, North Portslade (or Upper Portslade as it used to be called) is absolutely fine.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Lived in Portslade for the first 20 years of my life. It was OK.
Lived in Southwick for the last 4ish years of my life. I like it here.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Saying goodbye to Portslade and moving to Lancing seaside next week....

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Shoreham was voted in the top 5 places to live recently. If you go for Shoreham beach avoid the beach green part. :thumbsup:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Born and spent the first ten years of my life in Portslade - looked on Google Earth recently for my old road and house. As I scrolled past the nearby Mill House Public House I noticed a bloke in the pub carpark with his son giving the camera a V sign. Good old Portslade, still miss it!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
They moved a lot of the problem families from the 'hawk and scoomy over to Mile Oak.

What are u talking about. No council tenants have EVER been moved to Mile Oak! I should know having lived here for 15 years.

If you've got a young family then mile oak is excellent...i moved over here from Patcham and would never leave.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If you've got a young family then mile oak is excellent...i moved over here from Patcham and would never leave.

The only incident of 'schoolboy hooliganism' I've ever been involverd in happened in Mile Oak. I was playing in goal for Newman against P.C.C back in about 92 or 93 and throughout the second half I was pelted with stones from the bank behind the goal whilst also coming under a hefty verbal barrage. As the half wore on and seeing no response from the stoical Newman keeper(due to, I'd like to believe, sheer professionalism...) they decided to up the ante by riding their bikes at me. They also took the opportunity to throw more stones at me as they went past in what I guess was the Mile Oak schoolboy version of a drive by...

Still, the mighty Newman were not to be deterred and came away with the win. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here