Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did Soccer AM become so shit?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It used to be cracking. Now it is just a bunch of self-indulgent twaddle which isn't really that funny but just perpetuates the myth of the Soccer AM team as comic masterminds and 'top blokes-cum-minor celebrities'.

I think it all happened when BARRY stopped poking fun at barmaids and northerners.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it happened when tim lovejoy left and took fenners and sheephead with him (or when they all went eventually)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I haven't watched it in years. It lost it's spark when Lovejoy left, and it hasn't been the same since. Shame, as it used to be something I enjoyed watching.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I was thinking that. Was all excited this morning when I found out it was on Sky3. And Nicola T is a thick as shit, first time I have heard her speak.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Somewhere between Lovejoy leaving and Helen Chamberline developing tortoise mouth.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's definitely gone downhill since Lovejoy left, and is basically a shite parody of what it used to be now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I like the bits like Skill Scool etc, but the comedy side is now just full of in-jokes and stuff which isn't actually funny. Almost crap pantomime.

Oh and TUBES and ROCKET can f*** off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't stand Lovejoy either, the smug, self indulgent
arse. So I wouldn't blame the decline on him leaving.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lovejoy is no mug, he knew when to leave the sinking ship.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Nikola T did nothing for the myth Page 3 girls are thick as shite.

Got to do something waiting for Soccer Saturday though, but it is truly abysmal TV.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It is a programme on football with a few funnies. It prob isn't as good as when it first came out but lasting 10 years plus must be doing something right.

Take it off air and replace it with something else and sat mornings getting ready would just not be the same

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I didn't realise she had such a chin on her either.

Yeah, noticed that too, but guess never looked so closely at her face before.

I've met more attractive women who don't model for sure, but fair play to her, bet she's minted. She must be I guess to be engaged to a League One footballer! :shrug:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Went past its sell-by date about five years ago...as others have pointed out, most of it is just recycled crap, in jokes and stuff that is filler...not really worth watching any more.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simples!

That's why you've got a tv with that many channels so you can find something you do like watching. Or just stay in bed for an extra 3 hours.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think its alright personally, gets you through a Saturday morning. Granted gone down hill since Lovejoy but he took all the writers with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here