Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool United versus Brighton and Hove Albion Official Match Thread

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I'm sitting in the service station bored, so with 5 hours and 53 minutes until kick off, I'll start the match thread :wave:

3 points today, I've gone LARGE on a 2-0, or 3-0 Albion win. (£4).

Yes Notters, you have been beaten to it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can't see anything other than a comfortable win, Bennett and Barnes to score, perhaps crofts to pick one up towards the end, 3 - 0

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
All very confident - despite our great form of late, are we due a stumble on the inevitable march to the League One title next season? Hartlepool stuck three past a pretty woeful Orient, but will be feeling bouncy and a win would put them just three points behind us.

I'm tipping an ugly draw but obviously hoping this is the game when we drub someone - because that is coming too.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Time for Barnes to step up and show he's not just an impact striker, time for Holroyd to deliver something.

Time for Hendrie to earn his contract, time for Arismendi to find his feet.

*Crosses fingers, but is concerned by the lack of top scorers in the team*

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Hartlepool boss Chris Turner looks set to stick with the same XI that defeated Leyton Orient 3-1 on Saturday.

But striker James Brown and defender Peter Hartley are both pushing for recalls after featuring for the reserves in midweek.

Brighton are without suspended striker Glenn Murray, with Ashley Barnes likely to take his place.

Defender Marcos Painter is out with a knee injury, so either Inigo Calderon or Adam El-Abd look set to deputise.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
*Crosses fingers, but is concerned by the lack of top scorers in the team*

Barnes currently has the best games to goal ratio of anyone at the club and possibly the best goals to minutes ratio EVER!

I'm sure we'll be fine, I just hope he keeps it up. With our wingers he is bound to get service.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I see that B365 make Hartlepool 6/4 favourite's to win this one; and we're 7/4. I wonder how they worked out those odds? I'll have some of the 7/4.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Internet has been done three days at home and not likely to be fixed till tomorrow so am goign to miss this game :(

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Our away run has to end at some point. 2-1 H'pool.

I've been up here the whole weekend waiting for the kick-off.
Locals all mention the wind, and "if it's blowing they (Hartlepool) always win".

They are fighting against relegation so have a lot to play for as they showed on Friday.
I won't try to call this one, but hope we can get a point anyway.

They say the pies are alright inside the ground, at least. Outside the ground the stores even advertise them as "the same as sold at the football" so they must be reasonable.

Incidentally, I stewarded at Carlisle last Friday afternoon - their food is godawful shite, worst I've ever eaten :sick:
The ref was a homer so they got a freebie or two, but Bristol were rubbish anyway.

Counting down to this afternoon at 'pool now

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
It will be the live Argus updates for me. Seems to be quite a folllowing of ex-pat Albion fans on that one.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Any online stream for this today?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
fate leaves me in sunny hove wishing i was in hartlepool , will be interesting to see how we do without painter , for me he has been one of the main reasons our form has dramaticly improved along with calderon, hope we can squeak a win but head says a draw with whoever deputises for painter getting the runaround from the excellent Monkhouse whom i would love to see wear the tesco next season. Enjoy the day those that have made the trip :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here