Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RACE for 4th place

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How long do you think the media will ignore EVERTON for?

4 Tottenham 30 26 55
5 Man City 30 16 53
6 Liverpool 31 18 51
7 Aston Villa 30 17 51
8 Everton 31 8 48

Now just 3 points behind Liverpool and with a very useful run-in. I think they'd need to win their last 7 games but you never know...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Liverpool have the easiest run in.

Man city have Arsenal away and Man Utd at Home

Spurs have Chelsea and Arsenal at home and Man Utd away plus a semi.

Its still Liverpool or Man citys to lose.

If Everton had won at WHL a few weeks ago I would of said they had a chance, however they have played a game more and are 5 points behind

For me it will be decided at Eastlands on the 5th May

Man City Vs Spurs.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They've done remarkably well to get where they are from where they started - can't see them making though. I feel that Villa are starting to slip-up too much, and don't quite have the squad depth again this year. City are not consistent enough (but beware next season). Personally I think it's down to Spurs to lose, but L'pool might just sneak it - even playing as badly as they have been.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Everton are 7 points behind Spurs with 7 games to play. It's a trick task but with their run in they may do it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have a completely irrational and unexplainable dislike for Everton so I really hope they don't.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Everton are 7 points behind Spurs with 7 games to play. It's a trick task but with their run in they may do it.

But it's meaningless simply looking at Spurs, as even if they did catch up those 7 points they would also be relying on the others not to get too many. Can't see all 4 of the teams above them losing enough games to leapfrog them all even if Everton did win all 7 games.

Unfortunately I can kind of see Liverpool sneaking it, but I'm only saying this because we're all so conditioned to seeing the big 4 the same all the time. Ideally I'd like Villa to do it, but I think it's pretty unlikely. I hope Spurs get fourth, not because I like them much but because this may well be their only oppurtunity. Man City are going to improve and them finishing 4th would simply shut out other teams quicker from the Premier League elite. At least if Spurs get 4th one season they would get a bit of money and maybe compete at the top for a few more seasons.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
You can back Everton at 25-1 without the 'Big Four' so you don't even have to worry about Liverpool (Skybet)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would certainly add insult to injury if, having missed out on a Top 4 spot, Liverpool also finished below Everton. I'd love that.

The thing about City is that it's been their home form that's been the bedrock of their season but now they've been turned over by the Toffees that's real cause for concern, as is Mancini being linked with jobs in Italy.

Villa are interesting because since they lost the League Cup Final they've been a bit lukewarm. Things could cool even more if they lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi because that will mean a trophyless season after coming so close.

I think at times likes this you look to the leaders in the respective sides but, again, problems for all 4. King's still out for Spurs, Gerrard's forms dipped, I think City and Villa lack those strong characters anyway. It reaklly is wide open.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a fair question. I think Charlton will end up finishing in 4th, I think Millwall will finished in 3rd now. Swindon will finish 5th again, Huddersfield 6th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here