Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE best restaurant in Brighton?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
What is recognised as the best these days?
Trying to find an answer on previous threads. TLO waxes lyrical about Casa Don Carlos and Jamies's is mentioned. Which others?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pompoko (not Pompokos, are you Andy from Little Britain?)
Jamie's Italian

Everything else is mere details.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Been to a few Jamies Italians, wasn't that impressed any time, it's alright, but not great.
Casa Don Carlos, I had the worst meal I think I have probably ever had, it was a saturday lunch, wasn't that busy, but each dish was pretty bad. Vowed never to go back, which is a shame as it was my birthday and everyone said how good it was!

Hotel Du Vin has been a quality meal every time, good service, good food, very good wine/beer too.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i can't imagine anyone would say that casa don carlos is the best restaurant in town, it's a good fairly cheap place for a group of friends but doesn't pretend to be any more.

i've found jamies to be OK, it's good but not great, again is fine for a reasonably priced place.

one paston place is supposed to be good still (as sam's) but i've not been since it changed.

hotel du vin is pricey but excellent food. excellent quality indeed

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've never been anywhere better than Due South, the food and the service were incredible?

Pompoko? :lolol:lolol:lolol:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
it all relative really isnt it !!

the best food i have had recently has been in pubs!!

The Hanover being a classic example. The chef there was a sous chef for Gordon Ramsey and as gone out on his own. This is indicitive of a lot of pubs now where the chefs have come from top restaurants.

Englishes is still top tho :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here