Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF team - selection etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many 60 year olds have expressed an interest in playing Richie? Because you're right, nobody wants that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Selection SHOULD NOT be based on who raises the most cash. It just felt it worked just fine last year so why try and fix something that wasn't broken ?. ANY money raised from individuals will be applauded be it £ 50 or £ 500. Again I feel to have individual sponsorships with the option of a group sponsorship covers all angles.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Didn't it change last year, for whatever reason. As you said...

...and the REMF, 8 years or so on, suddenly had a record year.

I think last year benefited from more people using things like justgiving rather than asking friends at work.

The selection process was no different. The team was picked and everyone fundraised from there.

No different this time round, so maybe people should see what we raise before sticking the boot in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't get the hump Richie. We are just discussing the best way forward. If the players want to leave it as it is thats fine. If they want to do individual pages, even better, if they all do individual pages, even better still. Lets move on.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don't get the hump Richie. We are just discussing the best way forward. If the players want to leave it as it is thats fine. If they want to do individual pages, even better, if they all do individual pages, even better still. Lets move on.

I am not getting the hump with you GG. I think we are singing from the same songsheet.

It is more with people having a pop who, I suspect, have ulteria motives for suddently kicking off about how who raises the most money should be playing etc.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
This will be my first year going to the REMF match. Will I be able to donate at the match or is it easier to do it online? :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Latest

Peter Ward will be coming over on 27/4 and staying for a week so we need to arrange a piss up with him, see earlier re Pool night.

Ricky Marlowe will be her on 30/4 and staying over on the Saturday 1/5 so a night out on the Saturday would be good,

Jolly Simon Lee Rodger is playing for the CPFC team. A word of warning he looks in fantastic nick , see facebook and could be a live wire.

Dave the Granny Weatherwax is the host and PA for the evening.

The Lovely Lush and even lovelier Kylie's Stunt Arse will be on the gate.

Dick Knight hopes to attend and its his birthday so a rendition of hapy birthday to you at half time please.

There will be a presentation on the pitch with the £ 500 made from Wardy's book sale and Savannagh raffle.

The AWARD WINNING Seagulls Special will be providing the ball boys.

Gully will be there.

Yet to hear re Gully's Girls but I am sure Jo's appearance would add 50 or so to the gate. Get on it Brett.

I am trying to get Alphabronx to do a professional dvd again.

We are giving out 2000 flyers before the Bristol Rover home game on 2/4.

Al and Tony Langridge will be plugging it on Albion Roar.

Richie, Brett and Me will be plugging it on SCR on 24/4 - tbc

The media bangwagon will roll out in 2 weeks time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am not getting the hump with you GG. I think we are singing from the same songsheet.

It is more with people having a pop who, I suspect, have ulteria motives for suddently kicking off about how who raises the most money should be playing etc.
Sorry, I can't let this pass.

How exactly are these people - who have given money to the charity in good faith - behaving unreasonably?

(It's alright, I don't expect a reply, you do tend to avoid answering the difficult questions)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Let draw a line under it now. Everyone has put their points across.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The media bangwagon will roll out in 2 weeks time.

Did something for the matchday programme a couple of weeks back and have asked if I can do a bigger, proper feature nearer the time.

Looks positive.

Any help contacting local press etc needed just ask. I know people at most local rags I can bombard with press releases.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks for all the offers of sponsorship above - very kind. Unfortunately, you will need to choose someone else to sponsor, if you choose, this year, as there is not a space for me in this year's squad.

Its a great event, and its no wonder that a lot of people want to be involved. It must be very difficult putting together the squad, trying to weigh up the playing merits of those available, together with the potential sponsorships and also showing loyalty to those who have been involved before. I wouldn't wish to do it - some people are going to be left disappointed whatever you do.

I loved last year - meeting Wardy, wearing the stripes, leading the team out to GOSBTS, scoring the winner - every minute of it, and I'd like to thank those involved for inviting me to be a part of it.

I remain available of course, should a spot become free through injury etc, and will be available next year if required.

For now, best of luck to the TEAM, and here's to a load more cash raised, and another win :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, I can't let this pass.

How exactly are these people - who have given money to the charity in good faith - behaving unreasonably?

(It's alright, I don't expect a reply, you do tend to avoid answering the difficult questions)

The comment was not necessarily just aimed at you Simster for starters.

But I am assuming some people given money over and perhaps now the team has been selected are annoyed certain people are not in it.

That is fair enough. Not arguing with that for a second.

Although, I guess they could have waited until the squad was announced.

If that is not the case, then I wholeheartedly appologise.

I just think it is not particularly in the spirit of the occasion to have a pop when this is the way things have always been done - INCLUDING last year's record raising year.

Last edited:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Iv played for 4 years now, I'm a student, So don't have the luxury of asking around an office etc. I always raise between 50-100 not including my own £20 match fee. The just giving page as a whole works best in my and the squads opinion. I always take flyers and distribute them in the ground as I work for the club on match days, and I kno a lot of players take them elsewhere other than the withdean to give out.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thanks for all the offers of sponsorship above - very kind. Unfortunately, you will need to choose someone else to sponsor, if you choose, this year, as there is not a space for me in this year's squad.

Its a great event, and its no wonder that a lot of people want to be involved. It must be very difficult putting together the squad, trying to weigh up the playing merits of those available, together with the potential sponsorships and also showing loyalty to those who have been involved before. I wouldn't wish to do it - some people are going to be left disappointed whatever you do.

I loved last year - meeting Wardy, wearing the stripes, leading the team out to GOSBTS, scoring the winner - every minute of it, and I'd like to thank those involved for inviting me to be a part of it.

I remain available of course, should a spot become free through injury etc, and will be available next year if required.

For now, best of luck to the TEAM, and here's to a load more cash raised, and another win :thumbsup:

Top class attitude Simon. Hope you will still be able to make the night and join us for a beer.

Big love.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The comment was not necessarily just aimed at you Simster for starters.

But I am assuming some people given money over and perhaps now the team has been selected are annoyed certain people are not in it.

That is fair enough. Not arguing with that for a second.

Although, I guess they could have waited until the squad was announced.

If that is not the case, then I wholeheartedly appologise.

I just think it is not particularly in the spirit of the occasion to have a pop when this is the way things have always been done - INCLUDING last year's record raising year.
Thank you for replying, and that is not the case so your apology is accepted. Although to be honest, my beef is not with you really, as you are one of the good guys who have thrown yourself into this in the correct manner.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you for replying, and that is not the case so your apology is accepted. Although to be honest, my beef is not with you really, as you are one of the good guys who have thrown yourself into this in the correct manner.

No worries.

I just know picking the team was probably a bit of a headache etc and it is a bit late to change it all for this year now everyone has been told so don't see how having a moan is very constructive.

Big love fella.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The big question is can Ricky Marlowe DESTROY a half chicken followed by a 12 inch pizza as his pre match meal this year followed by a fry up the size of Wales at 4 am the same night after an all night bender.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The big question is can Ricky Marlowe DESTROY a half chicken followed by a 12 inch pizza as his pre match meal this year followed by a fry up the size of Wales at 4 am the same night after an all night bender.

And THAT sir, is how you end an unecessary descent into binfestery.

Textbook Mr Glover, textbook.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here