Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many units of alcohol do you drink a week ?

How many units do you drink a week ?.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • 1-5

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • 31-40

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Over 50

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you above the 21-28 units a week. I know for the away day lads that is probably a quiet Saturday out.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One of my ex colleagues drank about 3-4 pints and 1/2 a bottle of wine a weekday and more at the weekend which is around 70 + units a week. He is 50 and in robust health. He also said he has drunk everyday and the last time he did not have a drink for a day was 20 years ago.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
11-20 on a heavy week
6-10 on a normal

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Probably 8 pints in total from Monday to Thursday. Then another 10 pints on a Friday and/or Saturday with a few rum+cokes and shots thrown in for good measure.

No idea how many units that makes though

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
One of my clients also drinks 1.5 litres of whisky and 12 cans of Cider a day which is 90 units a week and is also fit and 50 and a hard working professional. Its not necessarily big or clever but the maximum units figure is a figure plucked out of the air by the
Government and holds no medical grounds to it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Half a bottle of wine and maybe 3 beers a week I'd guess.

Absolutely no alcohol for Match and April though - I have a marathon to run.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Probably 8 pints in total from Monday to Thursday. Then another 10 pints on a Friday and/or Saturday with a few rum+cokes and shots thrown in for good measure.

No idea how many units that makes though

around 55 units

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats a unit?

but seroiusly, most dont know/care, they are inconsistant in much of the NHS/gov literature and turns out the recommended limits where made up with little or no evidence to back them.

One of my clients also drinks 1.5 litres of whisky and 12 cans of Cider a day

im not sure id believe that. for one thing, the effort required would leave little time for anything else. and thats more like 90 units a day :lolol:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:lol:

One of my clients also drinks 1.5 litres of whisky and 12 cans of Cider a WEEK which is 90units a week and is also fit and 50 and a hard working professional. Its not necessarily big or clever but the maximum units figure is a figure plucked out of the air by the

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
One of my clients also drinks 1.5 litres of whisky and 12 cans of Cider a day which is 90 units a week and is also fit and 50 and a hard working professional. Its not necessarily big or clever but the maximum units figure is a figure plucked out of the air by the

Whether he knows it or not yet but that will be absolutely destroying his liver and other internal organs. That will definately catch up with him and probably after it's too late to do anything.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I'm not one to preach, but he may appear fit, but that can't be doing his body any good at all. If 1.5 litres of whisky a day doesn't make you an alcholic, then at least his liver must be f*cked, surely - he'd also likely have high blood pressure, I would imagine.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have an app on my iPhone called Drinks Tracker - you add in your drinks on a daily basis and it calculates what your average units per day is.

My average daily units in the last 7 days is 3.4 which is within the daily recommended amount for men. For the last 30 days, may average daily units is 3.5. The recommended daily amount is 3 to 4 units so I try and achieve that!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The thread read UNITS a week. What is wrong with you today ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not one to preach, but he may appear fit, but that can't be doing his body any good at all. If 1.5 litres of whisky a day doesn't make you an alcholic, then at least his liver must be f*cked, surely - he'd also likely have high blood pressure, I would imagine.

I meant a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here