Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham Gold Cup

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Who's going this year? If anyone has a spare ticket in the best mate enclosure or knows of anyone that may pull out could you please PM me.
danke

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
best mate for gold cup day already purchased - cannot bloody wait for the BATTLE :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still hoping to go this - will buy Tatts or Club. Really, really want to see the Kauto v Denman re-match.

I'd not be too bothered about getting tickets before the day. Experience has taught me that Cheltenham has more touts than I've seen anywhere at all and you'll easily be able to pick up whatever you want without issue.

Don't buy away from the course (eg at the station) though - wait until you get right up to the course - you'll get the best price there - I'd be surprised if you have to pay over face value.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
best mate for gold cup day already purchased - cannot bloody wait for the BATTLE :clap: :clap: :clap:

i saw tickets available friday and flipping left it til this week and now they're sold out,my mates are in best mate and i dont want to buy the £50 tickets and try get in best mate as if i fail il be on my todd al day until the chelt lash eve begins:thumbsup: any spares pm me scotty

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i saw tickets available friday and flipping left it til this week and now they're sold out,my mates are in best mate and i dont want to buy the £50 tickets and try get in best mate as if i fail il be on my todd al day until the chelt lash eve begins:thumbsup: any spares pm me scotty

as bozza has said, there will be touts GALORE at the track so id make the journey anyway as you will almost certainly be able to buy

if the worst comes to the worst, just go in on your own to club or tatts anyway. couple of beers and winners and you wont worry that you are on your own - then you can brag about how well you did in one of the many strip bars in the evening (even if you didnt)

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Still hoping to go this - will buy Tatts or Club. Really, really want to see the Kauto v Denman re-match.

I'd not be too bothered about getting tickets before the day. Experience has taught me that Cheltenham has more touts than I've seen anywhere at all and you'll easily be able to pick up whatever you want without issue.

Don't buy away from the course (eg at the station) though - wait until you get right up to the course - you'll get the best price there - I'd be surprised if you have to pay over face value.

Good luck to you, be aware that these days Chelters has an electronic ticketing system and that means you stick in your ticket in a machine which scans your ticket before you enter.

This means no one tears of the stub, and this means a scanned ticket (if passed back) looks exactly the same as a bona fide unscanned ticket.

Enjoy your day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good luck to you, be aware that these days Chelters has an electronic ticketing system and that means you stick in your ticket in a machine which scans your ticket before you enter.

This means no one tears of the stub, and this means a scanned ticket (if passed back) looks exactly the same as a bona fide unscanned ticket.

Enjoy your day.

I've always had tickets in advance before and would do so again this year - Tatts and Club are still on sale now.

However on previous years people have joined our group after tickets had sold out, and bought from touts without an issue. And yes they were operating the 'electronic ticketing system [where] you stick in your ticket in a machine which scans your ticket before you enter' system then too.

Problems encountered - none.

Another advantage of buying off a tout near the course, of course, is that if there is an entry problem you simply return to Mr Tout, who still be close at hand, and remedy the problem.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 8, 2003
we've got a mini-bus/van thingy booked so it's poker and beers :drink: on the way then the Kauto v Denman re-match.
I always back Denman as it's a friends surname, hope he returns to form. Always a long and messy day :drunk:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Denman running in the Aon Chase at Newbury on Saturday. He'll be heavily odds on (c 1/4), obviously. Lump on to pay for your festival in advance? ;)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 8, 2003
Return to form? You did see his epic performance in the Hennessy in November? I'm a Kauto man but it was bloody impressive.

lol :dunce:, I don't follow horse racing much. I was relating to last years CGC when I think Denman was coming back from injury and easily beaten. Fingers crossed for a close race and good weather this year.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I've always had tickets in advance before and would do so again this year - Tatts and Club are still on sale now.

However on previous years people have joined our group after tickets had sold out, and bought from touts without an issue. And yes they were operating the 'electronic ticketing system [where] you stick in your ticket in a machine which scans your ticket before you enter' system then too.

Problems encountered - none.

Another advantage of buying off a tout near the course, of course, is that if there is an entry problem you simply return to Mr Tout, who still be close at hand, and remedy the problem.

Fair dos' old man, I am merely highlighting an obvious potential difficulty; of course I am sure the scouses will provide tickets on a sale and return basis.

See you in Cottage Rake with DJR!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Denman running in the Aon Chase at Newbury on Saturday. He'll be heavily odds on (c 1/4), obviously. Lump on to pay for your festival in advance? ;)

Oh.

Master Minded almost a carbon copy - great day of racing at Newbury.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Not a great day to be a Denman fan.
I even bought a Denman scarf on the way into Newbury. They were probably giving them away later on.
Great day's racing but to believe that Denman will give Kauto Star a race in the Gold Cup, you basically have to believe either that Niche Market is improving by a stone a race, or that Nicholls left him so short of work that the stewards should be having a word.
He's such a big horse that it's not easy to judge his fitness in the paddock, and he's notorious for needing plenty of work. But even so, I can't believe he was *that* short.
He never seemed to quite get into his normal rhythm. The mistake four out would probably have cost him the race even if McCoy hadn't finished the job by throwing him at the final ditch. Not blaming McCoy as such, most jockeys would have instinctively done the same, but he wasn't the horse who won the Hennessy and five weeks isn't much to get him back to that kind of level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here