Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's "brilliant contacts"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
turd.png

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure he does have good contacts within the game, as he seems to be a popular chap. However, that does not guarantee that the teams have the right men we need or that the players are keen to go on loan or that we can afford them or reach an agreeable deal.

Painter and Calderon seem to be improvements on what we had. We needed another striker and Holroyd might be a decent option in place of Forster. Brezovan would appear to be an adequate player to challenge Kuipers for the no. 1 jersey and Carole could make a impact if the coaches can get the best out of him.

Just for the record, are you using this 'decent contacts' to bash Poyet? I don't remember him rocking up and saying he will be able to get anyone in he wanted.

As is often the case with the more extreme posters on here, the arrival of our Gus has not heralded the great ambition etc. etc. to higher levels that were spouted at the time.

Similarly all the PR bollocks from the players about what a great player bla bla bla was is exactly that - bollox

Bottom line is he is facing the same problems as his predecessor faced and hasn't made that much of a difference............yet.

I sincerely hope he does change things around as this is boring now like a needle stuck on a record. What it needs is for the players who wear our proud kit to buck their ideas up, bleed their all for this club and actually do on the pitch what they are paid to do - WIN F***ING FOOTBALL GAMES :rant:

Now let's stop all the rhetoric and let them get on with it - PLEASE

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who cares that we've made no exciting signings? The correct answer is "no-one" - as long as he can turn this crap team around.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Give the man time, with the squad we have and the players he has brought in we should stay up. The football is better than it was under Slade and Micky, and 7 points from the next 3 games we are mid table and everyone will be full of praise.
Have patients chaps.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
NOT SURE THE FOOTBALL IS BETTER THAN UNDER SLADE GUS IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS JUST LOOKS LIKE HIS GETTING LONGER TO SORT IT OUT:tantrum:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You would hope that he would be giving his old team mates a ring i.e. Zola and Di Matteo, but there are no guarantees that they will have anyone suitable or whether the players in question want to come or are offered a better loan deal elsewhere.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
This is f***ing shit. Seriously worried that Gus may in fact be clueless. All our relegation rivals were able to attract players. The results are still dismal and now the transfer window has proved to be totally fruitless.

f***ing joke. Absolute f***ing joke.

(waits 10 seconds for Mr Banana to jump all over this post)

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
This is f***ing shit. Seriously worried that Gus may in fact be clueless. All our relegation rivals were able to attract players. The results are still dismal and now the transfer window has proved to be totally fruitless.

Yep wycombe attracted McLard! Seriously, I am sure if we offered, as in recent times any old crap player a contract they will take it and swell our wage bill even further without improving the squad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Our relegation rivals may have been able to attract players, but would those players have improved us? Besides which, we have already signed a handful of players thus far.

I really do not understand the levels of criticism aimed at Poyet and/or Bloom. Were our targets available at a price we were willing/able to match? Were the right players available to us?

The loan window is there and it is or will be open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here