Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post here if you want in on Hull demo @ Grimsby away

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely some demo of sorts in Hull next week. I have already suggested a walk over the Humber Bridge with the flag, banners and what have you. I can tip of local media as well.

Anyone interested who will be at Grimsby, post on here and if enough want to I will organise somewhere to meet in Hull etc and a route to the bridge.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can this be posted for a few days at the top? I want to help etc and have no worries about organising media to come down, a meeting place, photocopying maps of the route etc. Got a few friends who are fans of over clubs who have said they will join us as well.

Surely it cant hurt and would be good if we could make Prescotts local newspaper.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
There is something in the pipeline, but we're waiting to clear it with police first. I will hopefully be in a position to update later today, but it will have huge impact...

WATCH THIS SPACE...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We'll be up for it. We're up there for the weekend.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll be at Grimsby so count me in

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
fatboy said:
We'll be up for it. We're up there for the weekend.
As much as I want to, the motors going in for a service out in Shoreham for a few days at the end of the week and Im not collecting it till 9 on Saturday morning, so I cant see us making it to Hull FUMBLE.

Still, we ARE at the game, so thats the main thing.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Still not sure if i can go to the match yet, should know in the next two or three days, is Grimsby all ticket??

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rougvie said:
As much as I want to, the motors going in for a service out in Shoreham for a few days at the end of the week and Im not collecting it till 9 on Saturday morning, so I cant see us making it to Hull FUMBLE.

Still, we ARE at the game, so thats the main thing.

Good point. No I don't want to go to Hull. Are we going to get to Grimsby in time leaving at 9?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Falmer Dream said:
Does the game matter if the club goes bust?
Sorry mate, but it does matter to me, as I am showing MY support in every way that is humanely possible to ME, as I will do at Luton, Grimbsby and every other game from here on in.

OK, so we all shouldnt bother going to the game then but head to Hull, is that what you are saying ?

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Originally posted by Rougvie OK, so we all shouldnt bother going to the game then but head to Hull, is that what you are saying ? [/B]

Sod that. I'm going to Grimsby to watch the Albion, not go to Hull to piss off 2 Jags.

Something tells me that 2 Jags won't appreciate the "personal touch" and a demonstration or something that involved JP would be counter-productive in my opinion. Sure the Falmer message needs to be put across, but piss him off and he won't be a happy man:nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Sod that. I'm going to Grimsby to watch the Albion, not go to Hull to piss off 2 Jags.
Exactly what we will be doing

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
What time would this demo be?
I am going by triain to Grimsby leaving High Brooms at 0700 and arrive in Cleethorpes 1200 to 1230 ish and would pressume Hull would be the same length journey. Many people must have similar length journeys so surely the demo couldn't begin before 1300. I think tha would be cutting it bit tight for kick off.
PS can you get a train from Hull to Cleethorpes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
David M said:
PS can you get a train from Hull to Cleethorpes

Did a search for times on Network Rail and said "not possible", probably need to go back to Doncaster or something stupid.

Doing it as a day trip I don't think you can make both places

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Thanks beach hut. I done the same on the trainline.com with the same results.
Demo not for me then.
I just go drink plenty in that pub on the way to the ground from the station so that I am in a good WE WANT FALMER singing mood.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Very helpful Beach Hut - so from what you say, day train fans could not make a demo in Hull.

I am working on timings and therefore I will not need to budget in train connections to Cleethorpes.

Is everyone agreed on this, before I finalise things?

Paul

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it is safe - just go to the game and sing for us, hoping to be at Falmer with Radio if we can generate enough interest.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
In fact I have just checked with BR and leaving by train from Hull via a bus/train or train to Cleethorpes doesn't work out either. You either miss KO or have to have the demo at 10.30 or so.

So train travelling fans will not be able to make it I'm afraid.

Paul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here