Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New 'one off' England rugby kit

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:love:

Only being used for the one match, to celebrate 100 years of Twickenham, but it is lovely.

News_trad_shirt_466.ashx

News_trad_shirt_250.ashx

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Like and Want.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
There are old shirts like that in most large Clubs' Clubhouses, from before the professional Era started to make the Guiness Premiership resemble football.... :jester:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pork pie - there are several in my club's bar. It is strange to think that not too long ago, somebody could play rugby at a local club and also represent England.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Pork pie - there are several in my club's bar. It is strange to think that not too long ago, somebody could play rugby at a local club and also represent England.

Indeed, and some may say it is sad that that is no longer the case.

Unfortunately, the Guiness Premiership looks to be taking Rugby in the same direction as "The Premiership" has taken football. I just hope that we retain enough English players playing in it to ensure that the national team has enough quality players to draw upon.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So they saw then England football shirt, liked it and copied it just replacing the 3 lions with a rose?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
To be fair, there weren't many changes in the England kit until 1991:

1927:
_42927361_wavell_1927getty.jpg

1991 (March):
_42927349_carling92getty.jpg

1991 (November):
_42927357_teague91wc_getty.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh great.

The next time I wear my threadbare, 20 year old, retro classic (Will Carling's one), England rugby shirt, I'm no longer going to look cool.
I will just look like some skank who can't look after his clothes.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have emailled JJB sports asking whether they will get it in. Normally I don't shop there, but, knowing I am into my rugby, my former colleagues got me a voucher as a leaving girt.

Even if it isn't in JJB, I'll probably get it anyway.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Nike playing quality tops are pretty rubbish - my old team used them and they had fallen apart by mid-season. I guess they only eally cater to people (professional clubs?), that use a new kit every few matches.

Apparently this will only be available through the RFU and through nobody else, so I'll have to see how flush I feel before buying one (I already owe the missus a night out you see!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here