Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HELP! My headphones won't fit

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have had my iPhone for months now and listened to music on it through my headphones (original and newly purchased) on countless occasions and never had a problem.

However today I went to plug my headphones and they won't go in fully. I can push them in all the way, but I don't ge that satisfying click and they just rebound out slightly. Clearly something is up with the HOLE.

What do I do!? I don't want to force it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sadly I got it through o2 and put it on my home insurance instead of 02's own insurance. I assume apple shop won't even look at it in that case. Ta though

Dirk lovelace

Jul 14, 2009
I have had my iPhone for months now and listened to music on it through my headphones (original and newly purchased) on countless occasions and never had a problem.

However today I went to plug my headphones and they won't go in fully. I can push them in all the way, but I don't ge that satisfying click and they just rebound out slightly. Clearly something is up with the HOLE.

What do I do!? I don't want to force it.

I guess your head is shrinking, try eating more.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I had the same problem ... There was a bit of grit/fluff from my pocket that had got into the headphone socket. Cured it by having a good root round with a unfurled paper clip ... :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have you thought of going back to O2 and getting them to sort it out?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't fret. An extended paper clip+serious socket rape sorted it. The amount of hair, grit and paper that I dislodged is MIND BOGGLING.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't fret. An extended paper clip+serious socket rape sorted it. The amount of hair, grit and paper that I dislodged is MIND BOGGLING.

well done. Next; Have you ever opened up the back of your mobile phone after it's been in your pocket a while? Get that paper clip ready again!

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Sadly I got it through o2 and put it on my home insurance instead of 02's own insurance. I assume apple shop won't even look at it in that case. Ta though

Apple will still look at it to see if they can fix it before you need to claim on insurance. When i had a problem with the mute switch they gave me a replacement phone no questions asked as it was still under warranty. If you do decide to go and see them book an apointment online first as they are often very busy.

Sounds like a paperclip might do the trick though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here