Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No snow predicted for today now until tonight according to bbc but Snow expected every day now :eek:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It all looks a bit unpredictable doesn't it. Somewhere between no snow and lots of snow is a fairly wide disparity!

As I said to my son I'll see it when I believe it, or the other way round. It's a bit like watching the Albion and expecting a defeat and then being pleasantly surprised when a win comes in.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It all looks a bit unpredictable doesn't it. Somewhere between no snow and lots of snow is a fairly wide disparity!

As I said to my son I'll see when I believe it, or the other way round. It's a bit like watching the Albion and expecting a defeat and then being pleasantly surprised when a win comes in.

:laugh:

The perfect analogy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Of Cause I have but I haven’t a new shiny new car like you rich people, mine takes 15 minutes to warm up before the heater kicks in so I get my credit card out and de-ice the ice inside and out, old fashioned style, mirrors and back.

I have next door to think about and leave my house at Half four in the morning, don’t want to wake them up by me putting my foot on the accelerator and the engine roaring waking the neighbourhood up :(

Fair enough!! Thought of you this morning though as I sat in the warm watching my car defrost.

I think a blanket over the windscreen is your best bet, but make sure you have enough excess over both sides to be able to pull it off, otherwise even this may get stuck to the windscreen.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
My dad reckons a very similar situation to this unfolded over Brighton in 1968. Following a period of very cold weather (check) a cold front moved slowly down from the north (check) giving us 2-3 inches (maybe), this then drew in milder air from the channel and developed into a low pressure system that then dumped a foot of snow on Brighton.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Not sure about what Papa think's, but I think most places will see some snow (quite a bit in places) overnight and tomorrow.

Hope you're right, but in my experience 'most places' seems to exclude Scumhampton, due to the protection afforded by the 6-fingered brigade over the Solent.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
What happen if someone jumps in and drives off ? or do you use a second key to lock it ?

I am sat in the house watching it, eating my breakfast, about ten seconds away. They would have to be quick as I would see them coming. Also not on a road where lots of people walk past. So if someone went even close to my house I would be up and ready.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Met office have issued a red alert for West Sussex now. 80% risk of severe disruption to infrastucture and Casualties likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I can report it is snowing in Bristol, for those that care. And those who don't too.

Boo!! We want some NOW!!

I guess you don't generally get too much though your way do you?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Met office have issued a red alert for West Sussex now. 80% risk of severe disruption to infrastucture and Casualties likely.

Includes Brighton+ Hove also with Heavy Snow warning. Very Heavy Snow warning (which is the red alert on maps) for Hampshire/Berkshire/Southampton/Oxon.

PG

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There was a lot of snow in Wolverhampton this morning, which only lasted for an hour. Wolves have just postponed a reserve match, which was schduled for Molineux this evening, due to expected heavy snow. It hasn't helped that the roads wern't gritted this morning until AFTER the snow fell.

Fun, fun, fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here