Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
We're right on the coast in west wales and have rain , move a mile inland and it's snowing quite heavily and settling , the gritters were out at 3pm this afternoon but the heavy rain that fell between 4-6pm probably washed all the salt away , that ends the weather report for west wales , be careful out there .

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Up to 4" of snow forecast for NYC tomorrow morning

snow day.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The set up is looking very disappointing again this winter with a firm atlantic in place, certainly until Xmas day. So no chance of a white Christmas. Next 2 weeks lot of rain and max temps around 10C plus

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Pretty standard for winter nowadays, im sure we’ll get one week of below temps at the end of feb and a bit of slush, but if it means we get decent hot summers its worth it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The set up is looking very disappointing again this winter with a firm atlantic in place, certainly until Xmas day. So no chance of a white Christmas. Next 2 weeks lot of rain and max temps around 10C plus

Used to be able to almost guarantee a nice anti-cyclone by this time of the year, bright sunny crisp days and 2-3 degrees below zero every night.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Oh hello, we might be on for some now!!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was supposed to be there (and Toronto) this week.......

I take it you didn't make it to Toronto?

We had a decent dump of snow on Friday. We've already had 3 snow storms which is quite unusual so early in the season. I'm hoping it's not the pattern for the whole winter because I've got a marathon to train for!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I take it you didn't make it to Toronto?

We had a decent dump of snow on Friday. We've already had 3 snow storms which is quite unusual so early in the season. I'm hoping it's not the pattern for the whole winter because I've got a marathon to train for!

No.......unfortunately my dad passed away so had to change plans. Now coming first week in January - sure it’ll be a lot warmer then.........[emoji33][emoji33]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Climate Change or selective memories?

Selective memories of picking up rocket sticks on frosty walks to school in early November, fishing on Hove beach for Cod and always being cold and at least once the shingle froze solid. Herring fishing regularly in the boat in November/December with my late father, cold nights with light easterly winds and then when the season ended, the nests strung up in the winters sunshine to dry before being stored til the next season.... so, yes.
More recently, Herring fishing is very hit and miss as you don't get the Anti-cyclones to get out in the boat as one storm rolls in to another. Last year I never got out at all, this year just once and the season is almost over.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No.......unfortunately my dad passed away so had to change plans. Now coming first week in January - sure it’ll be a lot warmer then.........[emoji33][emoji33]

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

You might be alright the first week in January. The really cold stuff usually hits at the end of January into February. Don't quote me on that though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here