Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The lack of actual frost is because the air is very dry. This has the effect of lowering the dew point of the air (the temp at which moisture condenses out). So, at the moment we have an airmass over us with dew points temps of -8C to -9C, so unless the air gets to that temp there will be very little actual frost.

This is a good thing. Scraping the windscreen of my car at 5am is not a fun exercise when its brass monkeys out there.

Give me a good FLUMPING of snow any time :clap:

Have we had NSC's first "Will The Game Be ON" panic post yet for Saturday? No chance of the pitch being frozen of course, but it might be fun to see what a few inches of snow would do to the rail network and thus people's chance of getting to the Amex :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am planning to fly in Sat am watch the match and fly out of LHR Sunday morning back to America. I have to get back for Monday. SO the big question, will the snow mean I can't get back? If so I have to stay here and miss the match which would be very sad indeed.

Where do you live? Flying in from the US to watch a match and heading back the next day is so COOL :clap:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What about LHR? I would be staying in Brighton Saturday night so need a clear M23 and M25 at 7.30 am Sunday to get to LHR at 8.30 and off at 10.30?

Odds are against you... to be honest. 7:30am would be right in the middle of the snow, of it arrives as forecast. It still could be a complete let down (for snow lovers, not for people trying to get to airports - for them that would be great news).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
5cm? FIVE? IS THAT ALL? Boooooo.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Odds are against you... to be honest. 7:30am would be right in the middle of the snow, of it arrives as forecast. It still could be a complete let down (for snow lovers, not for people trying to get to airports - for them that would be great news).

Forecast looks better for LHR - if I went up there late Sat night (shame to miss out on Harveys, but so be it!) it looks like the flight may be OK. WHat do you think?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Forecast looks better for LHR - if I went up there late Sat night (shame to miss out on Harveys, but so be it!) it looks like the flight may be OK. WHat do you think?

I don't want you to base your plans purely on my forecast. It could be an absolute nightmare Sunday morning for a large part of East and SE England, especially if the front stalls over us. The UKMO warnings will be out soon - let's see what the pros think.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Will keep an eye on it and decide whether I get on the plane Friday night or not! WIll keep checking back here.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Will the Wedding Fair go ahead at the Amex on Sunday? I bloody hope not as the other half has ideas on us going (not even bloody engaged yet!) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Put it this way - if it occurs as forecast I'd say no.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am reliably informed the Met Office warnings are about to be published.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The Met Office site is showing calm weather for us on the forecast they have just now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here