Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It does appear we will get a snow event even on the south coast tomorrow evening. These things seem to become increasingly rare even in my lifetime, and the summers seem to be hotter as well.

Global warming from humans using fossil fuels seems to be increasingly correct despite what the sceptics say.

Don’t worry about Trump and a few petrol heads, disregarding the science.

Settled snow on the Sussex coastal belt is relatively rare, so we love it when it happens.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It does appear we will get a snow event even on the south coast tomorrow evening. These things seem to become increasingly rare even in my lifetime, and the summers seem to be hotter as well.

Global warming from humans using fossil fuels seems to be increasingly correct despite what the sceptics say.

It's still in the balance IMHO. It wouldn't take much to give the coastal strip rain again. Some models give snow to the coast, but others don't. Obviously I WANT snow, but that doesn't make any difference

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t worry about Trump and a few petrol heads, disregarding the science.

Settled snow on the Sussex coastal belt is relatively rare, so we love it when it happens.

Global warming :facepalm:

VostokTemp0-420000 BP.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

As a boy I always recall November 5th fireworks being associated with winter frosts, often remember walking to school on freezing mornings finding rocket sticks and what was left of the helicopter fireworks....Nowdays we barely have a frost until late December.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Americans just crack on with it and find a way. Can you imagine the carnage here if we were at -30 ?

Its worth remembering that the ONLY time an NFL game has been postponed or called off is due to approaching hurricanes, in Miami (1992, 2004, 2005 & 2017) and Houston (2008). The Minnesota Vikings also had to call off a game in 2010 due to the buildup of snow on the roof of their Metrodome stadium causing it to COLLAPSE. The rest of the time - play ball.

Here, they'll call off a match if there's a light dusting of snow which makes the surrounding area "hazardous". We are truly pathetic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]zI6okeE7Zx0[/yt]

No sporting event in England with a huge crowd would ever start in these conditions. And those poor sods were sitting in the open stands for 4 hours+, having had to get there and back again in a blizzard.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Later today and into the night coujld be interesting today. MUCH better chance of snow falling and settling widely across the region, even possibly on the coasts.

Could be fun.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Later today and into the night coujld be interesting today. MUCH better chance of snow falling and settling widely across the region, even possibly on the coasts.

Could be fun.

Is Brighton likely to get a FLUMPING tonight? Really fancy a snow day and a three day weekend tomorrow.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Overnight snow looks a certainty for Sussex including Brighton, for those with bus and train journeys planned , have a lovely day off .

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Americans just crack on with it and find a way. Can you imagine the carnage here if we were at -30 ?

Its worth remembering that the ONLY time an NFL game has been postponed or called off is due to approaching hurricanes, in Miami (1992, 2004, 2005 & 2017) and Houston (2008). The Minnesota Vikings also had to call off a game in 2010 due to the buildup of snow on the roof of their Metrodome stadium causing it to COLLAPSE. The rest of the time - play ball.

Here, they'll call off a match if there's a light dusting of snow which makes the surrounding area "hazardous". We are truly pathetic.

I work with an American and I asked them about the weather over there, they just shrugged their shoulders and replied 'They just get on with it' ...... it's so embarrassing :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I work with an American and I asked them about the weather over there, they just shrugged their shoulders and replied 'They just get on with it' ...... it's so embarrassing :(
However, if someone burns their lip on a cup of coffee that is served too hot, that is the time to bring out the lawyers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f k yanks

Whats the latest chance here.

BBC has it down as snow all night , including heavy for a couple of hours.

Looks best chance all winter

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh I agree,....it was just those wind chill figures....a tad chilly

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Could be fun.

If its on the coast...laying and staying? Just wonder if there will be a doubt over footie on Saturday knowing how cautious they r now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here