Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Greasy Spoon in Brighton??

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
To follow on from the best chippy in Brighton, where is the best greasy spoon in Brighton?

Personally my life hasn't been the same since the clock tower cafe (at the start of Dyke Road) changed hands. Used to get great big portions for no money at all and the entertainement from the grumpy old owners was class.

But where else is there??

HLB

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Harry's English. End of.

All night diner does that count

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The thing about the all night diner is that if you are sober the food tastes like shit.

My favourite was the clock tower cafe too, since it changed nothing comes close.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Harry's is a poncy restaurant though that just happens to serve a good breakfast. Much as I like (and spend innordinate amounts of money in) poncy restaurants, they are not the same as a greasy spoon.

Market Diner for me but nor after the pub/club as it's full of pissed arseholes like myself. Much better to go during the day when the food's better as well.

Brixtaan said:
Harry's English. End of.

I'm not sure 'Harry' will be too chuffed you describing his restaurant as a greasy spoon.

My personal fave is Divall's, opposite Brighton Station between the paper shop and the place with a load of ceramic pots in the window. Much better value than the Bystander cafe on the corner.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Harry's is a food venue that serves top drawer fry ups,call it what you like.

If this is a thread asking where i like eating spoonfuls of grease then maybe i shouldn't have replied.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All night caff for me.

Dumb Waiter in Sydney Street does a damn fine fry up. Arrogant, snotty, poncy women working in there though. I am convinced that they are vegetarians on PMT-trip wind up.

Big shout also for the one opposite Lidl in Arundel Road (can't remember the name).

Rookman1885

Jul 6, 2014
Streets Cafe in the Open Market. Ultimate Breakfast £10, but money back if you finish it in 30 minutes. You get a T shirt saying you did it too!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Streets Cafe in the Open Market. Ultimate Breakfast £10, but money back if you finish it in 30 minutes. You get a T shirt saying you did it too!

Top bouncing of an 11 year old thread! :bowdown:

You wouldn't happen to be the owner by any chance? :lol:

Keep meaning to try a breakfast at the cafe by the London Road entrance to the Open Market, decent-looking fry-ups from about £3.50. Don't think it's called Streets though. Might be wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here