Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan vs Bolton - Postponed

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
But not due to the pitch, which Wigan claim is perfectly playable, but due to the roads and pavements outside the stadium being too icy.

Seems like an absolute joke.

Can't imagine they'll be missing much, as 90 minutes of shit football is on the cards, but surely could have been prevented.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't see why that is a joke. They are thinking about the safety of 20,000+ people trudging about in slippery conditions. There is no way the game would be on at Withdean, if it were scheduled for today, assuming the pitch was playable. Taxis are not accessing roads of Dyke Road and there are reduced bus services.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't see why that is a joke. They are thinking about the safety of 20,000+ people trudging about in slippery conditions. There is no way the game would be on at Withdean, if it were scheduled for today, assuming the pitch was playable. Taxis are not accessing roads of Dyke Road and there are reduced bus services.

I meant postponing it a few hours before K/O is a joke.

They should have either -

a) known it was going to be unsafe a long time before now, or

b) put steps in place to make it safer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Steps are VERY dangerous when its icy. I don't see how that would help at all.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is an absolute fcuking joke. I remember when my mate got to Middlesbrough only to find the game against his Fulham was off because of icy pavements.

Can you imagine Churchill Square or Western Road being closed because of the state of the pavements?

Fcuking idiots

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see how you can criticise the timing of the call-off. It was flagged up very early today there would be an assessment, and called off, what, about 12.30 for an all-Lancs evening kick-off?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I meant postponing it a few hours before K/O is a joke.

it was called off around 12:30pm....thats more than a few hours!! ample time so quit yer moaning :tantrum:

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here