Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter City v Brighton and Hove Albion “Official match thread”

Brighton will be looking to pick up their first league win since the Southampton game and should be seen as favorites to win the game, although we know with the Albion it is never easy. The last game against Charlton may just have been seen as a routine defeat for us at home however we dominated in the first 20 minutes and if we can make that start on Saturday and grab a goal, it will make the game a whole lot easier. Link to Charlton game.
BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | B | Brighton

Exeter actually have 5 more points than us, which is a sad reflection on our season which saw us bring in players and spend more money than normal, all this has done is left us 5 points behind bloody Exeter. Saying that they have a good coach and are a well-drilled team. They were on a 5 game unbeaten run until that came to an end against Bristol rovers on Tuesday night. Here is the link to that match.
BBC Sport - Football - Bristol Rovers 1-0 Exeter

Brighton have Michel Kuipers fit and ready for the game to replace the useless Smith and Mcleod has shaken off a knock and can be considered although the likelihood that he will play is very slim as, well I don’t quite know how to put this… Erm? HE IS SHIT!!! The Donkey is also out with his nose related Achilles problem; I doubt we will ever see the bloke again.

For Exeter, Paul Tisdale could keep faith with the side that lost 1-0 to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night. Goalkeeper Paul Jones is still out with a knee problem, so Andrew Marriott will continue between the sticks. Also to note one of the useless Adams loan players is back, Stewart Fleetwood. He may line up in attack.

Possible Line-Ups:

Exeter: (5-3-2) Marriott; Duffy, Tully, Taylor, Seaborne, Golbourne; Cozic, Russell, Harley; Stansfield, Logan. Subs: Edwards, Jansson, Sercombe, Dunne, Stewart, Corr, Fleetwood.

Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers (Smith); Hoyte, Tunnicliffe, Elphick, El-Abd; Crofts, Dicker, Navarro, Bennett; Forster, Murray. Subs from: Smith (GK), Dickinson, McNulty, Virgo, Cox, Whing, C Davies, McLeod, Hart, Wright.

Smith watch: Although it would seem very, very unlikely now Kuipers is back that smith would start on Saturday, if he does somehow come off the bench and concede more than one goal with Brighton failing to score then he would have conceded more goals in his 10 games in goal than we have scored in our 25 this season.

Today I’m going for:
Ø Albion win
Ø Forster goal
Ø Kuipers clean sheet
Ø Albion to lead at half time
Ø Brighton to score two or more

A win would really lift spirits and put us into a good position going into the game on Friday against Colchester. We should, as long as there is minimal hoofing and no defensive howlers, be able to see off Exeter but defeat would leave the traveling fans seething I suspect. Although the “Gus Bus” Is beginning to wobble and turn back into the Slade mobile with his Frank Spencer, coach crashing driver, we will fight on and we will beat the Grecians today and cries of “ALBION” will be heard coming all the way from the west. Up The ALBIONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
This wont be easy. Exeter have only lost one league game at home so far haven't they?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
SCR for me as minding Mini today as Mrs Hut is in Bruges for the day

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
a) Why are we favourites?

b) How many games have we won since you decided to become the official starter of official matchday threads?

c) Where's the 'FC's?

d) Where's the asterisks?

e) Why am I so negative today?

f) Is my negativity a sign that things will work out and someone will come in after the game and quote this and point and laugh at me?

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
can we have some positive comments on here today please... just for a change....

i predict a win to albion and no sendings off and the crowd cheering instead of booing our players..

Or is this too much to ask for on here.!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly will just be happy if we keep a clean sheet for the first time since god knows when in the league.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
a) Why are we favourites?

b) How many games have we won since you decided to become the official starter of official matchday threads?

c) Where's the 'FC's?

d) Where's the asterisks?

e) Why am I so negative today?

f) Is my negativity a sign that things will work out and someone will come in after the game and quote this and point and laugh at me?

I would normally agree with you but since I'm and old cynic I believe that no matter how the thread is laid out the Albion make their own luck and fate and any winning or losing is really down to them

3-1 to the Albion today then
always look on the bright(on) side

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
can we have some positive comments on here today please... just for a change....

i predict a win to albion and no sendings off and the crowd cheering instead of booing our players..

Or is this too much to ask for on here.!!!

On a positive note slade is not in charge.........

I kinda think if we (i think we will for the record) win, that seeing as we are playing away most of the crowed WILL be booing our players..

On a double positive note, i got ten hours sleep last night :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here