Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rory Hamilton-Brown

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That was mentioned a few weeks ago. It's a bold move by Surrey.

I must say that Sussex have done themselves no favours, he should have been picked much more last season. I don't know why Hoppo was constantly preferred to him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If RHB's ultimate aim is to play for England, I think he'd be better served by concentrating on his own game rather than have the extra burden of captaincy.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
To paraphrase Winston Churchill this must the first time a rat has ever swum to a sinking ship....

I see Slurrey are the first lot coming to Hove next year - wonder what sort of reception RHB & Chris Adams will get?:censored:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I will be well pissed if he goes, not so much with him, but with us for failing to give him much of a go in the County Championship, when we were playing so poorly and others were failing

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I think even if he had played every game last year he would still be tempted to go to Surrey to be captain. Even though they've been going through a bad patch they are stil one of the glamour counties.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bloody Adams.

To be fair, if he leaves, it is probably down to greed to a certain extent.
He's not experienced enough in the four day game for captaincy, and by all accounts he's already minted anyway.

A great shame.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Not good news. He is certainly a player we should be keeping hold of. He is still only young and last season really pushed on & this year would/will be a staple in the side

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
london probably offers him a better night out before games as well, which may be a factor in his decision

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Surrey have already blown the budget, is their an unwritten rule of about 1.7 million and they must be over 2 by now with their signings.

I am sure I read he had a bad time at Surrey so may need some big promises to get him to go back into a bigger more political envioroment.

What a blow if he goes, he is a pleasure to watch a great influence on the team, please Sussex do what you can to persuade him to stay. Where is the source for this story.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ahh just read the scource, the argus. Sounds like the deal is being done, bummer, from the argus:

He (Hmilton) said: “There’s no chance I would have improved as much had I stayed there. I just felt Surrey was a bad environment for a young cricketer to be in, I certainly didn’t excel there.”

Surrey’s committee were meeting last night and their approach for Hamilton-Brown was bound to be high on the agenda but Sussex appear resigned to losing a player who was developing nicely with them.

Should he leave with a year left on his contract Sussex are bound to ask for compensation.

Neither Hamilton-Brown or Adams were available for comment last night.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
To paraphrase Winston Churchill this must the first time a rat has ever swum to a sinking ship....

I see Slurrey are the first lot coming to Hove next year - wonder what sort of reception RHB & Chris Adams will get?:censored:

I seem to remember in a previous visit Surrey were accused by "Tired and emotional" Hove fans of being "gay".

Now that really is a laff....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here