Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Are The Hardest Europeans?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I reckon the Russians or the Serbs. All British Isles nationalities rank very highly for the more comfortable nations if not scoring all four top places for that category. Albanians are physcos but mental illness is not the same as backbone.

the nuttiest bloke I know is Lithuanian but have not been there so dont really know if its representative?

What do you think?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Although Brits are not the toughest, neither do they have the least backbone. That honour surely falls to one of these nationalities,

French
Spanish
Italians
Portugese
Belgians
Luxemburgers?lol

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon next year's World Cup should provide the proof of the pudding. Anybody wot 'stands their ground' when one of them Babboon mobs fronts 'em up gets my vote. :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Romanians must be up there

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
bulgarians seem to be both game and enjoy a laugh in my experience. good combination.

their neighbours the greeks must be one of the woosiest though. fancy picking the turks as your enemy when you are like them. not a good move.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Although Brits are not the toughest, neither do they have the least backbone. That honour surely falls to one of these nationalities,

French
Spanish
Italians
Portugese
Belgians
Luxemburgers?lol

:lol: Joke right

Have to say the Scots myself and history supports this.Seems most sas boys are jocks as well.
Turks must be up there as well.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
This mob look a bit tasty...

croatian-football-girls_420x315.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bulgarians seem to be both game and enjoy a laugh in my experience. good combination.

their neighbours the greeks must be one of the woosiest though. fancy picking the turks as your enemy when you are like them. not a good move.

If your talking football rucks then i would put the Poles right up there also.
If talking about history then it's the Brits for me.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The Romans were pretty hard weren't they. The British just picked on poor Indians, not very hard if you ask me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If your talking football rucks then i would put the Poles right up there also.
If talking about history then it's the Brits for me.

yes agreed you do not rule a 1/4 of the world for no reason.

i have a lot of time for the poles but they are hopeless pissheads and are scruffy as f***. its hard to have any respect for them. they do go to the pub too and go to football while over here though you can spot them a mile off. they do enjoy certain aspects of British culture a lot.

For dark horses from the smarter countries I will throw in the Danes. I have seen some very hairy events drinking in Denmark.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Serbs have definitely got to be up there. As are the Russkis and the Brits. Are we mistaking nihilism for hardness though?

The French are an odd bunch. Absolute pansies in war but some of the toughest cities in Europe. Who would win between Marseille v Belgrade v Leeds?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And I've seen some classic stand-offs between Poles and wannabe black gangstas on buses in London. Those Poles don't back down.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Serbs have definitely got to be up there. As are the Russkis and the Brits. Are we mistaking nihilism for hardness though?

The French are an odd bunch. Absolute pansies in war but some of the toughest cities in Europe. Who would win between Marseille v Belgrade v Leeds?

apparently the french were thought of as by far the toughest of the european up until the napoleonic wars. i think sometimes we brits mistake their dandyism for softness. like you say there are plenty of places in france that are not for the faint hearted.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The Germans are pretty hard. They took on the British, the Russians AND the Americans only 70 years ago. They nearly won too. If that is not hard i do not know what it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a country as such but every person I've ever met who lives/born in Merthyr Tydfill have been double hard bastards. Fighting is a way of life, and the 'Welcome to Merthyr' sign has got 'twin town Beirut' grafittied on it. Tough town Merthyr.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the germans are disqualified due to their previous. you are right they are game but its because there is something wrong with them.

they are more disturbed serial killers than toe to toe ruckers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here