Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Southampton "OFFICIAL" match thread.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I have decided not to go to the game.
I have decided not to go to the pub.
But to sit at home, with a nice chilled, not stupidly overpriced, pint, making use of my rediculously expensive Sky Sports package, whilst the girlie is making a roast.

I'm not expecting miracles from Gus this early. Southampton are a really, really good team. If we can just see an improvement (particularly in the defense), I'll have had a happy day.

GOSBTS!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls , Russ is pissed off that he wont be there or able to watch it on TV as he is in hospital for the 5th time in 7 weeks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have decided not to go to the game.
I have decided not to go to the pub.
But to sit at home, with a nice chilled, not stupidly overpriced, pint, making use of my rediculously expensive Sky Sports package, whilst the girlie is making a roast.

I'm not expecting miracles from Gus this early. Southampton are a really, really good team. If we can just see an improvement (particularly in the defense), I'll have had a happy day.

GOSBTS!

Don't worry Sam.
If Southampton were a really, really good team, they wouldn't be in the third division. They're at our level because they are as shit as we are !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leaving in around 20 minutes

Matthew Le God

Nov 15, 2009
Don't worry Sam.
If Southampton were a really, really good team, they wouldn't be in the third division. They're at our level because they are as shit as we are !

You forget that we went into administration under Rupert Lowe and the team now is completely different to last year. We have a billionaire chairman and average crowds of 20k and have spent 5 times more on players this season than any other team in this league. The start of the season the team took a while to gel and kept drawing but in the last 8 games Saints have won 7 and drawn 1.

Oct 25, 2003
How many current/ex managers are playing in that clip?

i can count

poyet
zola
petrescu
wise
di matteo?

might be a couple on that sunderland side also

edit:

Chelsea: de Goey ,Ferrer ,Desailly ,Leboeuf ,Le Saux ,Petrescu (Di Matteo ,86 ) ,Wise ,Deschamps ,Poyet (Babayaro ,79 ) ,Sutton (Flo ,73 ) ,Zola
Subs not used: Hogh,Hitchcock,

makes me feel OLD

Last edited:

Matthew Le God

Nov 15, 2009
So you're due a defeat then?

If it wasn't for the Gus Poyet factor I would be very confident this would have been a comfortable win. I'd still however be disappointed with anything less than a win with the likes of Papa Waigo, Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and David Conolly against a frail defense. ;) :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If it wasn't for the Gus Poyet factor I would be very confident this would have been a comfortable win. I'd still however be disappointed with anything less than a win with the likes of Papa Waigo, Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and David Conolly against a frail defense. ;) :)
We just as well give up now then with that line up of 'superstars' going against our frail lads....we're DOOMED.

:jester:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here