Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

Vintage video footage v Southampton, Leeds and Norwich (all 1980s)

0 Not allowed!
    To mark our tough fixtures in November, I thought it would be a good time to upload some footage I have of....

... the FA Cup match v Southampton in 1985/86

... Michael Robinson's goal in the end of season clash v Leeds in 1981/82

... and re-post two goals in the pummelling of Norwich in the league in 1982/83

Were any NSCers at these games?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the clips. Lots more vintage action are on Seagulls TV - Relive the Glory Years of 1976-83

If you have any vintage Albion video that you are willing to share online please let me know. Did you tape any stuff off the telly? Did you buy the individual match vids of 1990-91? Or anything else? If it's on VHS, I can help to convert it to digital for YouTube etc. Thanks!
    Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
    The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      love the way the Norwich no11 gets involved, realises who he's messing with then shits his self.
      And the way Robbo gives leeds the thumbs down...hadn't they had relegation confirmed the previous week?
      Needless to say I have had a totally shit day and am as pissed off as anyone.

CPFC 2010 on BBS 17/03/13
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I was at all three of those matches.

The Leeds match in 81/2 was one of the most terrifying experiences of all time. When Robbo scored and gave the thumbs down sign to Leeds, if the score had remained the same they would have been relegated, as it was their last home game of the season.

Their fans went mental, and the nutters in the opposite end to their kop spent the next 20 minutes giving the 80 or so of us Albion fans in the away end cut throat signs. The police were genuinely worried about protecting us at the end of the match.

Fortunately Leeds scored twice in injury time, their relegation fight was still on, and all was forgotten in terms of kicking shit out of us.

Four days later they went to West Brom, lost, were relegated, and burned down part of one of the stands at The Hawthorns in a fit of wild and indiscriminate hooliganism.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      was at the 1st and 3rd. Took my old man to the southampton game and he hated it. lost 2-0, cup match as i recall. they were much better than us.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhamanandboy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      was at the 1st and 3rd. Took my old man to the southampton game and he hated it. lost 2-0, cup match as i recall.
      Especially as it says FA Cup on the video
      "Forget the goals, Vicente produced the moment of the match, if not the season here at the Amex, with a slalom like run,
      in which he beat six or seven players before unleashing a fierce drive that rattled the crossbar"
      talkSPORT, 20 March 2012
      Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      I was at all three of those matches.

The Leeds match in 81/2 was one of the most terrifying experiences of all time. When Robbo scored and gave the thumbs down sign to Leeds, if the score had remained the same they would have been relegated, as it was their last home game of the season.

Their fans went mental, and the nutters in the opposite end to their kop spent the next 20 minutes giving the 80 or so of us Albion fans in the away end cut throat signs. The police were genuinely worried about protecting us at the end of the match.

Fortunately Leeds scored twice in injury time, their relegation fight was still on, and all was forgotten in terms of kicking shit out of us.

Four days later they went to West Brom, lost, were relegated, and burned down part of one of the stands at The Hawthorns in a fit of wild and indiscriminate hooliganism.
      Thanks for the background, El Pres. Sounds horrific! Was Robbo getting abuse from the Leeds fans before giving them the thumbs down?
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone_rapper View Post
      Thanks for the background, El Pres. Sounds horrific! Was Robbo getting abuse from the Leeds fans before giving them the thumbs down?
      Not particularly from what I recall. He could be a bit of a shit stirrer at times and was not a traditional footballer in many respects.

It was the season he scored about 18 league goals and at the end of it renegotiated his contract to become the highest paid player in the top division!
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      The Norwich game was the first one after Mike Bailey had been sacked, I think.