Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Postal applications ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Before this season started I decided I'd put in postal applications for several games at once ( as I've often done before ) mainly because I was fed up with the introduction of an 0845 number for buying tickets that only adds further cost to tickets that already are subject to a flat £2 booking fee over the phone.

At the beginning of the season I put in a postal application for tickets to Walsall(h), Brentford(a) & Stockport(h) all in one envelope. The club recieved the application but all the tickets got lost in the post. As a result I had to make several phone calls to ensure I could pick up the tickets at the gate of each match. No complaints about the ticket office really, as it wasn't their fault the post got lost and they dealt with it the best they could in the circumstances. However, as a result I probably racked up over a fiver on 0845 calls which was what I was trying to avoid in the first place :shootself

My question is, can you please CONFIRM whether you can buy away tickets as an away member over the phone or not ? Only I was quite specifically told over the phone by the ticket office whilst trying to unravel the mess I mention above that they are trying to DISCOURAGE postal applications and I could have got my Brentford tickets over the phone as an away member without any problems.

Thankfully Millwall is always pay on the day so no problems there and I'm now sorely tempted to just chance a pay on the day at Southampton rather than fart arse around with a ticketing system that seems as clueless as ever for those unable to get into the club shop to buy tickets in person.

P.S. Sorry for the general rant. I've highlighted the specific question to make your life a bit easier :smile:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
It seems you have been unlucky with the tickets getting lost in the post. Regarding Southampton, the easiest option is to book online. Once your account is up and running it is very easy to buy home and away tickets, and the process only takes a few minutes. Also if you buy in advance, that is recorded to your account and could count to a future loyalty record. Buying on the day is not recorded by the ticket office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here