Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question Time this Thursday

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Does NSC think that the BNP should be allowed to participate?
I personally think that, sadly, they are slightly more relevant to the political scene than Jarvis Cocker or Mick Hucknall and they have appeared previously.
Also quite keen to see how Griffin does, could be quite entertaining.:catfight:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Of course he should. Never really watch it as its usually really dull but this should be good. I will be interested what the viewing figures will be

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope they are taken to task on their ludicrous policies rather than people just shouting "racist!"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes they should as they have MEPs and Nigel Farage of UKIP is on it and only an MEP as well.

Called a democracy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes they should as they have MEPs and Nigel Farage of UKIP is on it and only an MEP as well.

Called a democracy.

Is the correct answer. An appearance on Question time won't change many people's opinions but may reinforce a few.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shame it isn't going to be 'live', although understandable I guess.

Usually recorded at 20:30 because it would quite late for a live audience to get home.

They always show it as live, although reserve the right to edit if someone said something obscene or broadcasting it would get the programme makers in legal difficulties.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes, they should be allowed. No matter how abhorant some people may find their views, they are a political party and as such should be treated as any other.

Besides, I can only assume Mr Griffin will make a complete and utter twat of himself and do the party no end of damage.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Question time is not going to be about the BNP is it:shrug:

Cov, will he make a fool of himself when continually being challenged or do you think he will hold his own? Has Griffin ever had to answer the sort of stuff he is going to be faced with on national tv before?
Going to make for fascinating viewing!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Usually recorded at 20:30 because it would quite late for a live audience to get home.....

They'd better start recording earlier than that as there's bound to be loads of anti-fascists trying to sabotage the programme - 'all in the name of democracy'.

Receive a card outside the school today, "No Plugs for Nazi Nick" from Unite Afaingst Racism, identifying the event and the BBC as a disgrace and encouraging me to lobby outside the BBC on the night.

Very regrettably I think that he should be allowed to appear on Question Time.
I note that Hain is trying to get him removed on a technicality, however if 5% of the voting population have voted for them, then they should be allowed their time on maintime tv.

I hope that he is put up against some decent MPs who will show Griffin up for what he is & stands for.

Unfortunately, I suspect that most of Griffin's supporters will not watch the programme as it is beyond their intellect

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They'd better start recording earlier than that as there's bound to be loads of anti-fascists trying to sabotage the programme - 'all in the name of democracy'.

They are quite used to making sure the audience doesn't contain people who try and disrupt the show.

I attended a few James Whale show recordings in the early 90s where they invited a prominent member of the far right.

A demo started outside and we were locked in until it all calmed down.

Personally as much as I hate the BNP, I think the anti-fascist groups have got it dead wrong in trying to disrupt the event.

The best people at defeating the BNP and making them look stupid are the BNP themselves.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Of course he should be allowed on.
As a democratically elected party he has as
much right to be on QT as any other MP or
Party Leader.
Cannot understand what people are so afraid of?
If Griffin makes a complete arse of himself then
so be it, but who knows he might have something
constructive to say!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Does NSC think that the BNP should be allowed to participate?
I personally think that, sadly, they are slightly more relevant to the political scene than Jarvis Cocker or Mick Hucknall and they have appeared previously.

yep. I recently watched a couple of videos of Griffin on youtube. Not being grilled, surrounded by what I imagine were supportive people and he didn't come across as particularly eloquent and definitely came across as the bigot he quite clearly is. I'm interested to see how he manages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here