Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Pool Competition with Peter Ward

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
E Mail back from Wardy. The date of this superb event will be Friday 4th December 7pm start, finish 12pm. Venue tbc. I thought a Friday was best as the beer can be consumed without worries as all you have to do next day is get out of bed and to the Withdean.

There will be a raffle and the sale of Wardy's book which you can buy on the night and have signd by Wardy. I will also be selling his t shirts and photos. I will do a list of the entrees so far. I am limiting it to 32 players, £ 10 each. Wardy is playing so you might be drawn to play the great Man.

Whose in ?.

Hi Gareth

We are both fine. Great idea, havent played pool for a few years but would love to play and present trophy and hopefully sell a few books.

Matt the author is working on a schedule of events starting on nov 30th going through dec 10th, I will get Matt to phone you and let you know a free night ( he has and its the 4th ).

Love to all
Cheers
Wardy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Entrees so far

1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale
6. Its Neil
7. Goodfella
8. NMH
9. Ali Jenkins
10. Jordan seagull

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My only worry is do you think the game Satuday 5/12 may be switched to the Friday 4th evening ?. If so it will be held on Wednesday 2nd December.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This sounds like a great night out.

I'm a terrible pool player but it's in a good cause so I'm game - anyone who draws me will, in effect, have a bye.

Count me in

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Entrees so far

1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale
6. Its Neil
7. Goodfella
8. NMH
9. Ali Jenkins
10. Jordan seagull
11. Matt Horner ( author ) plus 2

We will raise a few hundred quid for the REMF but its as much about going out and having a damn good laugh with a load of top blokes with Wardy who is a great bloke and loves a beer. I will see if I can get a couple of Palace Boyz down to join in as well.

It should be a great night. I will also invite Tony Bloom and Russell Slade to enter.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I need someone to help choose a venue now as pool is not my area of expertise.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
We're AWAY at Exeter on 5th December.

Sam Hale was one of my 'plus 2' - so am now 'plus 1'

:ascarf:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Entrees so far

1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale
6. Its Neil
7. Goodfella
8. NMH
9. Ali Jenkins
10. Jordan seagull
11. Matt Horner ( author ) plus 2
14. Matt

I will want £ 10 in advance as a commitment as if people do not turn up on the night it would be a disaster.

Slow take up so far. I thought this would fly. I may limit it to 16 as it looks unlikely we will make 32. £ 80 winnings and £ 80 REMF. Still a fun night though. I need to book a venue soon as its near Xmas.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
US just an idea, but how about incorporating the pool night with a REMF Poker Tournament at the same venue? (Does Wardy play poker?) This would hopefully build up the interest & appeal to us people who are rubbish at pool. If you think this might be a goer, I wouldn't mind giving some help in organising if I can.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dosen't poker go on until about 4am in the mornings and would a pub be happy with it ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Entrees so far

1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale
6. Its Neil
7. Goodfella
8. NMH
9. Ali Jenkins
10. Jordan seagull
11. Matt

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Dosen't poker go on until about 4am in the mornings and would a pub be happy with it ?.

Depends how many entrants but used to fit in 2 tournaments in the Thomas a becket between 8 & 11.30. (around 24 players)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do they have any pool tables ?.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Do they have any pool tables ?.

I don't think so, I wasn't suggesting it as a venue (although run by Kerry Mayo's Brother, Ryan) but I suppose I could ask.
If you think that Poker would complicate things too much, perhaps it could be arranged another time. Its just that it was mentioned on here a while ago & there seemed a lot of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here