Kick Off Time

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Please see this thread.

Kick off time - North Stand Chat

I think previously you have said it is down to the ref, but does the club help at all in this respect.

Every match since Christmas last year has kicked off late (yes I am sad enough to have been checking) and as a result the knock on effect is that games are often finishing near to 5pm and I am told by others who don't go and instead watch the results come in that we are nearly always the last game to finish.

Does the club advise referees how long Sussex By The Sea, mascot pictures, handshakes, team sheets being read out etc etc takes before kick off?? Because presumably if they did refs would realise they need to get the teams out AT LEAST by 2.55pm if not earlier. Regularly they come out at 2.58pm or later which is obsurb.

I go to many away games and it doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else.

If the answer is simply that the ref's room needs a clock I am more than happy to donate one!!!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The referee is the sole arbiter of all timing decisions (unless Police need to intervene for safety reasons). The three matches this year have kicked off at 15.04; 15.01 and 15.04.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here