Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer pay on gate?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Not going to post a question to insider/ project team, as Im sure some of you know already.
Will there be pay on the gate or not? - It may well have been covered before, and could not find anything on the search :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dont be silly

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Not going to post a question to insider/ project team, as Im sure some of you know already.
Will there be pay on the gate or not? - It may well have been covered before, and could not find anything on the search :shrug:

Crikey, there's not even a gate to pay on yet!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No.

But Martin Perry has said you will be able to buy tickets on the day through electronic means, such as online (I assume print out barcode type thingys) and via mobile phone (again barcode, I assume) But there will be no cash on the day facilities regarding tickets.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've asked this several times, as personally I think it is vital to regenerating the fan base.

I seem to remember being told that there would be NO cash admittance on the gate, but if you'd charged up some card in advance then that would work to swipe in, and that you could do that up to shortly before the game. Or something like that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought I remembered something about putting a ticket machine on Brighton Station where you could buy tickets on Matchdays

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
cant they install a ticket machine at Falmer station, or in the Uni car park. Issuing a small ticket to satisfy authorities that the required sum has been paid. Bit of a grey area this I think. The club could be missing a trick or two if it cant encourage last minute fans who want to turn up and watch a game of football. :shrug:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
cant they install a ticket machine at Falmer station, or in the Uni car park. Issuing a small ticket to satisfy authorities that the required sum has been paid. Bit of a grey area this I think. The club could be missing a trick or two if it cant encourage last minute fans who want to turn up and watch a game of football. :shrug:

:fishing:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because games will have to be all ticket and all tickets have to be identifiable back to the holder.

Why? This doesn't apply to other clubs (well, outside the premiership, at least) and there's no reason to apply it to Falmer - it's a 25,000 seater, for heaven's sake, and though there will hopefully be matches when it is full to the brim and it has to be all ticket, but not all the time, surely?

This is a serious problem for some of us. Me, for example - I'm not in the best of health (I've had strokes), and a trip to Falmer for me would be a four hour drive each way, plus parking and getting to the ground and all that. On a good day, yes I could do that - but if I wake up and I'm not feeling so good, it's not something I'd want to try (don't want another stroke, thank you very much!) - so there's no way I'm going to be able to buy a ticket in advance if I'm not going to be up to making the journey come the day.

That's why I've never been to Withdean - can't just turn up at the ground to pay and go in - and have to be content with watching the Albion in places like Bristol, Cheltenham, Hereford, etc. Shorter drive too, yes - but the main point is, I can assess how well I am on a particular day, and if the signs are good, roll up, pay at the turnstyles, and in I go. Simples!!

We've GOT to have the same facility at Falmer!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Why? This doesn't apply to other clubs (well, outside the premiership, at least) and there's no reason to apply it to Falmer - it's a 25,000 seater, for heaven's sake, and though there will hopefully be matches when it is full to the brim and it has to be all ticket, but not all the time, surely?

This is a serious problem for some of us. Me, for example - I'm not in the best of health (I've had strokes), and a trip to Falmer for me would be a four hour drive each way, plus parking and getting to the ground and all that. On a good day, yes I could do that - but if I wake up and I'm not feeling so good, it's not something I'd want to try (don't want another stroke, thank you very much!) - so there's no way I'm going to be able to buy a ticket in advance if I'm not going to be up to making the journey come the day.

That's why I've never been to Withdean - can't just turn up at the ground to pay and go in - and have to be content with watching the Albion in places like Bristol, Cheltenham, Hereford, etc. Shorter drive too, yes - but the main point is, I can assess how well I am on a particular day, and if the signs are good, roll up, pay at the turnstyles, and in I go. Simples!!

We've GOT to have the same facility at Falmer!

What?

Do you think tickets must be bought 14 days in advance or something?

You can buy tickets for Withdean until 2pm on matchday, so you could ring them up before you leave and buy a ticket.

It will also be the same at Falmer, buy over the phone? Can't be that hard?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It will also be the same at Falmer, buy over the phone? Can't be that hard?

So what's so impossibly hard about having people paying at the turnstile? If the Bristol clubs, Swindon, Cheltenham and Hereford (and many others) can do it - why can't Brighton?

Even buying a ticket in advance by phone isn't necessarily the answer for everyone - yes, there are circumstances when it CAN be that hard!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought I remembered something about putting a ticket machine on Brighton Station where you could buy tickets on Matchdays

I wonder if I can get a discount with my Network card :jester:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i'm sure ive read somewhere that you have to contribute more to policing if you sell tickets on the day. I'm not sure if it is a huge amount more though?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
So what's so impossibly hard about having people paying at the turnstile? If the Bristol clubs, Swindon, Cheltenham and Hereford (and many others) can do it - why can't Brighton?

Even buying a ticket in advance by phone isn't necessarily the answer for everyone - yes, there are circumstances when it CAN be that hard!

I understand, and agree. They should really be sorting out this sort or policy.

However, lets face it, if you want a ticket, you CAN phone up and buy one, if you want one that much, it is easy!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I think it was a strict part of the planning permission for the Stadium that stopped us being able to offer 'turn up and pay'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here