Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking near the Millenium Stadium - can anyone help?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I wonder if anyone can help. I'm going to see U2 at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff on Saturday. Now my memory is a bit rusty, I was there for the PlayOff Final in '04 and I can remember parking in a side street about half a mile from the stadium. We walked alongside a major road for a bit, ending up in a shopping precinct where there were loads of fans and vendors selling tee-shirts, the stadium was more or less at the end of this precinct, and I can remember a Wetherspoons down there as well. Does this sound familiar to anyone? and can anyone remember any road names good for parking? I might be asking a bit much here, but if you don't ask..... etc. Basically, I'm looking for somewhere to park, to just tap into the sat nav.... Oh, and i'm taking the Brighton sticker out of the rear window, my sis went to see Take That a while ago, and when she returned to the car, some nice chappy had ripped the St. George's Cross sticker off the bumper and smashed it through the sunroof ...... charming!!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out :thumbsup:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
when we went to the final in 2004, we drove just past Cradiff on the M4 and parked up at a rail station just off the motorway, can't remember its name, but its only a 10 minn train jaunt into central cardiff and a 5 minute walk to the stadium. You bypass all the car traffic on the way in and out, and its peanuts to park the car there.

Check it out.

If you want to spend £15, you can book a parking space on-line.

Parkers Car Parks : Event Car Parking in Old Trafford, Manchester Stadium, Wembley and MEN Arena.

Saturday 22 August U2 360 Tour £15.00

Car Park Description:

Price: Cars £15 Minibus £30 (Up to 12 seats only)

Opening time: 10am - Closes 1 hour after the Event.

Any queries please contact Parkers Car Parks on 07863 319337.

We are situated just outside the road closure zone surrounding the Stadium - ideal for a quick escape after the event to avoid traffic congestion.

The car park is secure, gated and patrolled by trained staff at all times before, during and after the event.

Approx 5 minutes walk to The Millennium Stadium.

Car Park Address:
Millennium Stadium Car Park
Curran Embankment
Penarth Road
CF10 5FX

Entrance to the Car Park is behind Big Yellow Self Storage

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There is normally free roadside parking near "Sophia Gardens" its off Cathedral Road in Cardiff, thats where i usually park when i go to Cardiff, it is not far from the Stadium, but what its like on a big event day i am not sure, I would imagine the parking regulations are the same.

But quite obviously there wil be a big demand for it, so get there early, there are plenty of NCP car parks close by as well, there is also a good park and ride from Cardiff Bay.

Might be worth you checking some of these things out online.

Good luck and enjoy the U2 concert. :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Basically I forget the junction number, but you wanna head into Cardiff from the same M4 junction that the road that heads North to Caerphilly comes in on.

Follow that right into town, and you will end up with the University on your left, and some outdoor pay car parks on your right. The car parks are only something like a fiver all day, but you should be able to park for free around the university. Its then about a 10-15 minute walk down that same road to the city centre/stadium.

I have parked around there every time I have been to the Millennium and never had a problem.

kjgood

Its ok

I live near Cardiff and drive around with a brighton mini kit in my rear window all the time, even parked in the car park at ninian park with it in. Now an england flag would be ripped off, but no probs with your brighton one.

Parking is easy, come off the M4 at the cardiff west junction (At the services) onto the link road (A concrete road), follow your nose past the new cardiff city ground carry on past cardiff bay, you will see the stadium off to the left as you cross the river. Keep on the link road dont turn off.

Through the tunnel to the roundabout, first exit. Second roundabout after 150 metres turn right (Second turning) then up to the lights opposite the prison wall. Turn left then park on the left. It a five or six minute walk to the stadium, basically out of the car park under the railway bridge and follow your nose.

Parking there means a quick access back to the motorway after the concert, dont go in the multistories it'll cost you £8 and a half hour wait.

If you need any further info PM me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here