Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v worcestershire, lvcc,tues 11th-14th august

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
A Game we need to win....

Looks like we are still sticking with Goodwin

Sussex go in to tomorrow’s clash in fine form, having beaten Gloucestershire yesterday afternoon by 9 wickets in the NatWest Pro40 Division One.

Mark Robinson, Sussex CCC Professional Cricket Manager, said: “Yesterday would have given the team a bit of a boost after a tough couple of weeks full of cricket. We go in to the Worcester game with a feel good factor for what we know is an important fixture.”

The squad is as follows; Yasir Arafat, CD Collymore, MW Goodwin, AJ Hodd, CD Hopkinson, EC Joyce, JD Lewry, RSC Martin-Jenkins, CD Nash, OP Rayner, DR Smith, LJ Wright and MH Yardy (c).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not sure why you'd consider leaving out Hoppo he's one of our best performing batsmen this season.

I really don't understand why Hamilton-brown isn't being considered and what Goodwin has to do to be dropped

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's worth noting if you are planning to head down to the county ground that the hours of play have been changed slightly for this game.

The first three days of the match will be played during the following hours:

Morning Session – 10.45am to 1pm
Lunch – 1pm to 1.40pm
Afternoon Session – 1.40pm to 3.40pm
Tea – 3.40pm to 4pm
Evening Session – 4pm to 6pm

The fourth and final day will be played during the following hours:

Morning Session – 10.45am to 12.30pm
Lunch – 12.30pm to 1.10pm
Afternoon Session – 1.10pm to 2.55pm
Tea – 2.55pm to 3.15pm
Evening Session – 3.15pm to 5pm

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I really don't understand why Hamilton-brown isn't being considered and what Goodwin has to do to be dropped

As I said in the last game, Goodwin is clearly considered undroppable. So he could get appalling scores in every game and still stay in...

Oh, wait....

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
COACH Mark Robinson says Sussex are in positive mood ahead of today’s crucial Championship clash against Worcestershire at Hove (11am).

The county’s only four-day win came against their bottom-of-the-table opponents back in June when Piyush Chawla’s century and eight wickets inspired them to a ten-wicket win.

Robinson said: “We’ve had a tough two weeks but there was a lot of relief in the dressing room on Saturday when when we were able to draw the game with Notts under pressure and Sunday’s Pro40 win gave us belief that we are doing the right things.

“At times you have to stay in a season but we are ready to go hard and take on Worcestershire.”

Robinson admits he shares the concern of supporters about the potency of his bowling attack but has faith in his seamers.

He added: “Around Horsham last week you could feel a sense of panic about our four-day form but we have to keep calm, give the players belief that if they can hang in there and they will get rewarded.”

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Jelly-Nut-Big.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Special offer too

To offer the maximum support to the team and also send them off in style as they head for the T20 finals day, the Club is pleased to announce that all Under-16’s will ‘go free’ for the fourth day (Friday 14th August) of the match against Worcestershire at Hove. In addition, the Club is offering the opportunity for supporters to bring a friend along to that day of the game for just £5. Each Member who attends, or each adult paying full price (£13), can claim an additional ticket for that day for just £5.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Physalis_peruviana.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Blast I am about to pop down for a session but it will be full of school children on holiday. Keep cricket old thats what I say.

Come on Sussex lets get some belief and strike while we still have a stay in our top flight destiny.

On a fruit based tangent, you can always pick some plums at the cromwell road end

Attachments

• i-plums-black.jpg
    i-plums-black.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 605

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here