Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Three Bridges station

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Anyone know how much a days parking is at Three Bridges station? Going away and don't want to come back all the way to Hove to collect the car after working in London. Alternatively any other suggestions for parking close to a direct line into London?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Purley (Horsham line) and Riddlesdown (East Grinstead line) stations both have regular quick services to London Victoria and both have free parking nearby. For Purley you want to go down the Godstone Road (A22) and park somewhere like Sunnydene Road for free parking. Or you can pay to park in the station car park or the town centre multi storey car park (I think it's cheaper) for ~£4 for a whole day. All the streets around Riddlesdown are free parking.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey! It was on the Brighton main line yesterday.

..but no Brighton ever stops there, I'm assuming that Il Duce means that Horsham trains do.

On a related topic, does anyone know whether there are spaces for a bike at Three Bridges or Balcombe. I fancy a bit of a cycle ride next time I go to London and am looking for a station to park the bike - I know HH has bike racks but where else?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Anyone know how much a days parking is at Three Bridges station? Going away and don't want to come back all the way to Hove to collect the car after working in London. Alternatively any other suggestions for parking close to a direct line into London?

Spaces at Three Bridges are at a premium. The nearest car park is reserved before 9am for season ticket holders so you have to use the bottom car park. This usually gets full and pretty quickly, also if its been raining its a nightmare as floods easily and you have to wade through puddles to get to the car!!!!

Haywards Heath is a better option, but that location might be no good for you. Similarly Balcombe is also better but fewer trains stop there.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Perhaps better to park in Gatwick long-term car park - just one stop further down the line?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Blimey! It was on the Brighton main line yesterday.

You're a clever f***ing dick aren't you? If you're at Victoria looking for a train to Purley, you're not going to find much heading down to Brighton. It's the Horsham trains that stop there. Is that ok?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thanks All. HH is alomost as far down as coming home. Anyone know what its like at Horley?

Horley has a big car park right next to the station that has been pretty empty the few times I've used it. Can't remember how much it was, but I think it was the "normal" £3 - £4 range for the day.

Recently, I've used the Gatwick long stay car park a few times. £9 for the day, or a little less if you pre-book.

I've also street parked around Three Bridges when going to Crawley games, but there's not usually a great many options too close to the station, though I never failed to find somewhere.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Random bounce, but does anyone know if this is open tomorrow? Seems like it’s been closed a lot lately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here