Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Ashes Test Match: Edgbaston - 30 July to 3 August

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It looks like a dodgy pitch, with tickets still available for Sunday and Monday

Flintoff looks fit. Lee is ruled out and Johnson is an arm mental

Bell to bat at number 4, so the opening pair have to put on a good partnership with Bopara, Bell and Collingwood the next 3 in.

I loves The Ashes I do :yahoo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It looks like a dodgy pitch, with tickets still available for Sunday and Monday

Flintoff looks fit. Lee is ruled out and Johnson is an arm mental

Bell to bat at number 4, so the opening pair have to put on a good partnership with Bopara, Bell and Collingwood the next 3 in.

I loves The Ashes I do :yahoo:

It is a concern that we don't have a flair, on form player in our numbers 3,4,5.

I think Bopara needs to step up and fulfill that role in KP's absence.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Edgbaston is under a shed load of water and rain is forecast for tomorrow. I'm there Friday thru to Sunday so hopeful of some good cricket after tomorrow.

20165245-5580b8178b6937ccd381a94afba9e012.4a703367-scaled.jpg

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Given the weather, I've taken a punt that the game will go into the fifth day and have this morning purchased tickets for £15 (non-refundable).

Think thats a fair bet although I am annoyed with the ECB cashing in. In years gone past they used to just have people rocking up on the 5th day. Also, if you had tickets for more than 1 day of the test they used to give you a free ticket for the 5th day and that has sadly gone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Waits for Tyrone Biggums to remind us that NO ONE in Australia cares about Cricket.*

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Aggerscricket - Freddie fit. Monty released. Very wet, and a prompt start tomorrow already in doubt.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bore draw for me, weather being the main player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This looks like it's going to be a draw.

Steve Rouse the groundsman has said bowling will be a slog, the pitch is wet so the seam will be soft and not easy to swing and not much to be gained by banging it in short.

If we win the toss we should bat. This should reduce Flintoff's workload and help nurse him through to the business end of the series.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Considering the forecast, is it not better for Fred to put his feet up for a few days and play Harmison?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You could leave out Swann for Shah or whoever else the next batter in line is and give three batsmen a try out for two positions in the next test. If the weather and pitch is as bad as people say a spinner's a bit pointless

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the hell would you drop Flintoff for Harmison when you're already without KP??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why the hell would you drop Flintoff for Harmison when you're already without KP??

Just raising the issue that an unfit Flintoff isn't really going to enjoy bowling on a very unhelpful pitch where the game is likely to end in a draw anyway. Plus Harmison has been successful at Egbaston.

Cook
Strauss
Bopara
Bell
Collingwood
Shah
Prior
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Harmison

Colly can be fourth bowler or you drop Swann for Onions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Flintoff isn't unfit, just "at risk" and a bit fragile.

I agreed with the calls for Harmison in the previous 2 tests but not this one. There's no bounce in this surface, the ball will simply sit up and beg to be hit.

The wicket promises more for the skiddy bowler, who can pitch it full on a line and length.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Very dangerous to go into a test match with a mindset of expecting a draw because of the weather. Generally you only need 4 days worth of play in a test match to get a result so there could still be one. Whilst everyone says there will be no pace in the wicket etc its possible that the nature of it being unprepared could keep the bowlers interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here