Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Running for the REMF

I was just wondering if anything has happened regarding this. Richie Morris said he was organising it about ten years ago and I've heard nothing from him since. I would definitely still be up for it and would gladly help organise any attempts. I will probably be doing at least one of The Great North Run, The Great South Run and The London Marathon before the end of next year and although I will do it and raise money for some other charity if necessary I would love to do it for the REMF and would hope to raise over a grand for the fund if I did.

If the REMF were to register as a charity for one of these events it would get support from the organisers and a guaranteed number of places, otherwise runners could enter individually (probably in a ballot.)

Anyone up for sorting something out or joining in, or do you wanna just stick to matches?

xx

I looked into registering REMF with the London Marathon, but found that there was a waiting list of charities who wanted to register. It could be some years before REMF got anywhere.

So nothing has been done to progress this.

I reckon freelance entries in the Great South Run would probably be the best way to get something sorted.

But someone needs to organise this.

Volunteers?

Yep, I'm up for helping to organise this if required.

The Great South Run is a flat, ten-mile road race in Portsmouth and will take place on the 10th of October 2004. You can pre-register and read more information about it here. This doesn't guarantee you a place in the race, it just sends you an email when the event opens for entry. Minimum age for applying is 15 and there's usually a fee involved for each entrant, probably about £20. I've registered for it, anyone else up fer it?

I'm also probably going to do the Great Manchester Run on May the 23rd, but that seems less appropriate to me, what with being oop north and with less time to sort stuff out.

xx

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
A ten mile run sounds a lot better than a 26 mile run!

I'll definitely be up for this-is it safe to run around the streets of Portsmouth?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
fatboy said:
I'll definitely be up for this-is it safe to run around the streets of Portsmouth?
Why run? Why not get that nice Mr PC Plod chap to drive you round with lights going like he did with Yakubu on Saturday. It'll be a lot safer, quicker & less stressful (not to mention you'll have more drinking time).

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
:bounce: :flameboun
I still have not had any more e-mails from the link we got give in which to register.....what is the current status?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here