Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SQUASH - Your cordial/water ratio?

Well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
icouldnt say exactly, but the insturcted 1:4 is far too strong. half that i reckon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've PLUMPED for the 1/8 option. Your ridiculous 1/4 or 1/5 notion would make your teeth fall out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They've come out with these new "double concentrated" versions which cause strength issues when you forget and use your standard ratio.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They've come out with these new "double concentrated" versions which cause strength issues when you forget and use your standard ratio.

That stuff really pisses me off. Just about all one's life, you're eyeing up glasses, trying desperately to get the ratio right and spitting out other people's for being too strong or weak etc. You like your own ratio in the same way that you like the smell of your own FARTS.

And then the MAN comes along and just totally moves the goalposts. On a scale of being disconcerted, it's right up there with finding out that your parents aren't your natural ones. Poor.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
And then the MAN comes along and just totally moves the goalposts. On a scale of being disconcerted, it's right up there with finding out that your parents aren't your natural ones. Poor.

OT - why do companies insist on doing this sort of thing.

Case in point - Sarson's Malt Vinegar.

For years we've gone along nicely with a screw top lid to get to the vinegar 'regulator'. But oh no, that's not good enough - lets change to a flip top lid without telling anyone. Never mind that someone might unscrew the lid as usual and proceed to dump a whole bottle of vinegar on his chips.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Case in point - Sarson's Malt Vinegar.

For years we've gone along nicely with a screw top lid to get to the vinegar 'regulator'. But oh no, that's not good enough - lets change to a flip top lid without telling anyone. Never mind that someone might unscrew the lid as usual and proceed to dump a whole bottle of vinegar on his chips.

I did this. It was towards the end of the month and I was SKINT. All I had for dinner were some potato waffles which I chose to eat in a bowl as there were no clean plates and I'm a lazy fucker. I ended up pouring way too much vinegar ove very single one of them (had I used a plate three would have survived) but I ate them anyway, the rest of the evening my farts burnt and smelt like someone was the breath of someone who had just eaten a poo fritter.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
OT - why do companies insist on doing this sort of thing.

profit and sales.

take a product that's been around for years, make it 'concentrated' and raise the price. people will continue to use the same amount as before (i.e. more than they really want or need) so they use up the product quicker than they need to and have to buy more.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like mine quite weak so probably 1/10.

I got a mate that used to have his about 1/4 squash, discusting. It used to really piss me off because there was never any left after he'd been round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here