Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotel Inspector at the Crown Inn, Lewes

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
My old mum was up visiting from Lewes this week and we watched the Hotel Inspector on channel 5 last night. We couldn't believe what we were seeing as this old beer haunt of the LRA (Lewes Rebel Army) had turned into a filthy sh!t-hole.

What the feck happened? :wozza:

PutYourHandsUp...

Jun 6, 2009
i was there once and some boys came running out the toilet screamin because one of them had taken a s**t on the floor!! thats probs wat happened!!

The Crown is a bloody awful place. But don't let anyone delude themselves that the White Hart is much better.

At least the TV programme suggested that they were making an effort at the Crown to do something about the place and turn round the opinions of visitors, like this one, who rate it among the worst places they have ever stayed in:-

The Crown:-

“Do NOT stay here”

Stayed here for (thank god) only one night. Generally dirty, grimey place. Do not believe the photos on their website! Rooms shabby and old fashioned. Grotty furniture, not like the nice 4 poster in their photos. Bathrooms also shabby and one room's was the size of an aeroplane toilet. Kitchen dirty and cutlery etc in dining room was also dirty and tables hadn't even been cleaned. Orange juice was fizzy as it was so past it's sell by date. Cooked breakfast cold. Still recovering from the coffee.

Dirty socks in corridor as well as random other objects. I wouldn't be surprised however if there were no cockroaches there as even though they can apparently survive a nuclear holocaust they had probably moved out of the Crown a long time ago.

This is not just my view - spoke to other guests the next day and one person's comment simply was 'don't touch the walls'.

You have been warned.

Liked — At least there is a bar
Disliked — Everything else

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
The Crown is a bloody awful place.

Yep, stayed there last year, not very nice. At least we came back from a wedding late, and crashed out without fuss.
Our loo/shower room was 15 meters away, and was the pits - lucky we had a basin in the room..

Didn't a couple of hot Aussie girls' parent's own it a while ago ?(hmm, 20 odd years ago thinking about it..)

What is good in Lewes then ?

Dandyman

In London village.
My old mum was up visiting from Lewes this week and we watched the Hotel Inspector on channel 5 last night. We couldn't believe what we were seeing as this old beer haunt of the LRA (Lewes Rebel Army) had turned into a filthy sh!t-hole.

What the feck happened? :wozza:

Can still remember singing Blue Moon in the cavernous toilets and JR's post funeral drinks there in 1989.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
got banned from lewes few years ago,12 of us on the pub crawl,shithole,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here