Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible clash - Brentford away & Edgbaston Twenty20 Finals Day

Is the club talking with Brentford about the possibility of rescheduling the game at Griffin Park in the event of Sussex reaching the Twenty20 Finals day at Edgbaston?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Firstly, at this point in time, Sussex have not qualified for the finals (although hopefully they will). Secondly, it's an away game. The onus tends to lie with the home club on these sort of things. We switched the Crewe game three years ago because we were at home (and with Crewe's agreement) were able to to so as it would have had a severe impact on the gate (remember in 1993 the club didn't switch and suffered one of the lowest ever Saturday gates at the Goldstone Ground, although not quite as low as Mansfield in 1996/97). I'm sure some Albion fans will prefer to watch Sussex in the semi-final and possibly final (if they get there) but it is unlikely to have a huge affect on the gate, so Brentford will not want to upset their supporters with a switch to Friday night (Russell is unlikely to want a Sunday, with the Huddersfield away match already on the Tuesday). Equally, there are our supporters, who are not interested in cricket (or would prefer to watch Albion at Brentford on the Saturday).

I have mentioned this with the powers that be, but I think it's extremely unlikely the game will be switched. On a personal note, I will be at the quarter-final at Hove, but regardless of the result, will be at Griffin Park watching the Albion (and following Sussex via Sky Sports if poss).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here