Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Withdean

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other part of Brighton & Hove

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Which parts of this wonderful City do you think is the best place to live, and what are its merits?

Somewhere affordable, none of the £2million property nonsense :)

brighton-hove.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted User X18H

You forgot the extended area of Preston Village so I voted Preston Park!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Falmer village is probably fairly cheap at the moment. Stadium ,Pub, Farm shop. Nice flat cycle ride into city centre and you would still be close to the action, what's not to like. :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Fiveways, despite the reduction in parking. Got some shops for the basics, good takeaways and chippie, good bus service, open spaces a short walk away. All the hip and cool people live there, it's the new Kemptown!

Pity the pub isn't better, but there's always John at the Cleveland a short walk away across Blaker's Park.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Used to live between Poets Corner and Hove seafront - I really like that area and we still have our flat(as we couldn't sell it)there. Easy access to Hove and Brighton(and London via the legendary Aldrington station), good pubs, close to the beach and the Nut and Bolt Store

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seven Dials/West Hill for me, but then I have lived there for 12 years. Surprisingly quiet for a central area, immediate access to the North Laine, never more than a 30minute walk from any decent venue worth going to in the city. Not to mention a roster of superb pubs to rival those in the Hanover area.

I love living there it's great. Brighton is fortunate in having many great neighbourhoods in which to live, each with their own character and atmosphere. That's why it's simply one of the best place to live in the UK.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hove innit - Palmeira square area - St Anns Well gardens, lots of nice pubs and the cricket ground on your doorstep.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Having grown up in Westdene (but not Westdean) I was going to vote for that.

But then you went and made it multiple choice, so a dark force inside drove me uncontrollably to vote for all of them.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Lived in Poets Corner all my life, and while it is full of snobby 'its not Brighton its Hove actually' old people, it stinks of piss around some of the run down bits like Shakespeare and Sheriden, Stoneham Park is rubbish for actually playing football, everyone seems to be rich bar the few pockets of Housing Association estates and flats on the brown fill sites, it IS my home so i had to vote for it :)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Western Road area, decent pubs, near the shopping areas, Taj (the best shop in town) and Waitrose on your doorstep. Offies open till 2AM and up dyke Road and on to the downs in 20mins by bike

:sweet:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
İbrahim Tatlıses;2988213 said:
Anywhere in Hove - aesthetically pleasing but still quite trendy, less gays/slags/knobs than central/east Brighton, got the parks, seafront, nice places to eat/drink.

Hove all the way :thumbsup:

Crap pubs and some very uncool people though.

George Street is an abomination as well. It could be so nice if there were more local indy businesses but it is crammed full of shite chains. And does it really need 3 card shops and 4 mobile phone shops I ask. And when the sun is out all the ugly and unimaginative people sit outside the 'spoons and Slug and Lettuce drinking.....yukkkk. It looks like a cross between an ex-pat enclave and an old people's home. A real eyesore. I almost pray for rain.

It does have great access to the beach though. Marroco's is a joy and I take an ice cream daily at the moment.

Oct 25, 2003
Yes, it does lack a pub. I've long thought that someone could seriously be in the money if they built a pub in the heart of the housing area and, well, made it GOOD.

Can't say I'm too bothered about public transport as I rarely slum it with the peasants who use buses, but I think the 27 is greatly improved. Might even come every 15 minutes now.

the 27 may have improved but in my day it was a bit shit. My main gripe (even though it didn't really affect me) was that once it entered westdene it used to absolutely BOMB it round before waiting ages at the stadium. If you were, say, and old person living at the top of westdene you could quite easily miss the bus due to the driver being a dick and have to wait another half an hour for the next one

and yeh, if someone could work out how to make the sportsman good they'd be quids in...there's so many people that would go (not even including match days) to a good pub in that location

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here