Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relocating to Shoreham Beach

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Hi,

I currantly reside in the rainy north in Manchester and after lots of delibiration, have decided to return to sussex once again for a period.

Now im looking at an apartment down shoreham beach.

Does anyone live or have previously lived down there.

If so......whats it like?

cheers in advance.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The walk into Shoreham itself isn't far as there is a footbridge. Crown and Anchor is close by the end of the bridge which is pretty popular and open late. For a decent beer and more of the proper pub feel, only a few more yards is the Royal Sovereign which is worth a visit. All in all easily reachable as there's not much on the beach itself!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice place to live, Shoreham, seems to me. Certainly the pubs are decent and varied and the natives are friendly and there's that excellent olde curry house in the high street where you crack yer head on beams and trip down steps :thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
top night out tbh,if i get the time,shoreham is 1st choice rather than anywhere else,

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shoreham is not bad at all, good pubs with good beers and some nice eateries plus you have the beach.... got to be better than drive by shootings and drug dealers and the estates up there

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shoreham is stunning, absolutely stunning. Nice and quiet, but connected and alive. I know a few people who live on Ropetackle, it's truly glorious around there.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
I've done a few jobs in Shoreham Beach (I'm a builder) and there is a really nice vibe down there. Very popular for watersports and stuff. Yes, I hear that Shoreham High St has some nice pubs and restaurants. Only thing is, its quite a small town so you could do them all in a short space of time. If that doesn't bother you then thats fine. There is a train that will take you into Brighton if you need a change. I think Shoreham might be covered by the travel voucher you get with a matchday ticket so so can get to the Albion games for free too.

One word of warning though. I have heard rumours (SERIOUSLY) that there are quite a few, lets say, upfront people that live on Shoreham beach. Kinda like sexual predators. I think there is a scene going on down there and some residents have nicknamed it "Share em' Beach"..

The guy I use for my double glazing lives down there and he nearly got molested by a bored housewife/widow type when doing a job for her.... NO SHIT !!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
...and the scorpions are quite harmless.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I've done a few jobs in Shoreham Beach (I'm a builder) and there is a really nice vibe down there. Very popular for watersports and stuff. Yes, I hear that Shoreham High St has some nice pubs and restaurants. Only thing is, its quite a small town so you could do them all in a short space of time. If that doesn't bother you then thats fine. There is a train that will take you into Brighton if you need a change. I think Shoreham might be covered by the travel voucher you get with a matchday ticket so so can get to the Albion games for free too.

One word of warning though. I have heard rumours (SERIOUSLY) that there are quite a few, lets say, upfront people that live on Shoreham beach. Kinda like sexual predators. I think there is a scene going on down there and some residents have nicknamed it "Share em' Beach"..

The guy I use for my double glazing lives down there and he nearly got molested by a bored housewife/widow type when doing a job for her.... NO SHIT !!!!

Did he by any chance get her number ??

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Did he by any chance get her number ??

I think he got freaked and couldn't wait to leave. If I remember rightly, he said she was Russian and quite nice too but he had to remain "professional"...

Anyway, surely you're not that desperate are you ?? There must be plenty of it on a day like this in Worthing.... Unless you are currently in Hua Hin...

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
have lived on shoreham beach for 4 years, wouldnt live anywhere else, great place to live, peaceful yet only 20 minutes from central brighton.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thanks for all your help. Coming down in a week or so to view som flats around the emerald quay to see what we think.

What about the best pubs?

Are there any real must go to pubs, decent young shoreham ladies about? Also stay away places?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Shoreham has numerous good pubs : Marlipins, Lazy Toad, Crown, Red Lion, Sovereign, and if you like ale then try the Buckingham by the station (11 ales on most of the time).

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Shoreham Beach is a nice place to live but if your not too close to the footbridge its an arse to get anywhere by walking. The row of shops by the footbridge is convinent with a very nice bakery, I live near the footbridge so it's ok for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here