Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time does the M25 get busy on Monday morning?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Driving back from NW London on Monday morning and ideally was looking to leave at about 6:30, will I miss all the shit leaving at that time or should I leave a bit earlier? Should hit the M25 at about 7 probably.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't remember the exact times but I had to pick a mate up from Heathrow over Easter and pretty sure I was on the M25 (this end) by 6.20ish and had no problems. Probably coming the other way you'll want to be on by 6ish.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm, might mean leaving earlier. Doesn't really matter, just would prefer not to have to leave at half five or something.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would drive through London straight onto the M23, assuming you are heading for Brighton. I have often driven from Kentish Town (NW London) that time of the morning and got back to Brighton for just after 8am.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Depends on which bit on the M25 you'll be on, but patches from M1 round to M3 are pretty shit by 7am.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would drive through London straight onto the M23, assuming you are heading for Brighton. I have often driven from Kentish Town (NW London) that time of the morning and got back to Brighton for just after 8am.

Really? I was thinking about that actually. Interesting.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Did you get out of London via the A3 or A217. Or did you use the old A23.

A3 and around the M25 is longer - but probably quicker.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester

Done that before myself. More of an interesting journey and once you've crossed the river you're generally going against the flow of traffic.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Through London sounds like the way to go. Might give myself a 6am leaving time and it should be pretty easy, looking at the route. I just HATE driving through Norbury and all that. Urgh.

This A3 route sounds good.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Did you get out of London via the A3 or A217. Or did you use the old A23.

A3 and around the M25 is longer - but probably quicker.

Picked up the A23 came through Brixton, Streatham etc.

As mentioned elsewhere, you are generally going against the flow of commuter traffic. A couple of pinch points but generally stress free!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm gonna do it! Leave at 6 and steam though London then. It does look a more sensible route.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It pot luck I'm afraid, on a "normal" Monday you should be OK at 7am plod along about 50-60mph but if there's an accident then you are in the lap of the gods. Keep in touch with traffic news and be a bit flexible and you should be fine.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I leave at 6 to get to offices around by Heathrow (but not for much longer), there is no way I would go through London. Does not matter what time you get to Brixton, Streatham it is always stuffed. M25 quicker but longer.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well I'm leaving from Kilburn and was actually thinking of going out on the A40 to avoid all the shit that's on the North Circular by Ealing (been stuck in that twice now, not pretty) and get on the M25 up there. The A23 does suck but it's does look quite easy that way.

I'm just going to have to leave early aren't I.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Straight down Edgware Road, round to Victoria and hit the A23. As somebody pointed out, a more interesting drive - with the exception of the durge between Streatham and Croydon(as pointed out by your good self). I used to do it 3 times a week and could never face the M25 accident lottery

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well, after getting stuckin the SHIT and it taking 4 hours to drive up on Friday I decided to leave Kilburn at 5:40am. I was back in bed in brighton by 7:10. I went round the North Circular to the M4 and out that way. Hardly stopped once.

Friday, on the other hand, was another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here