Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to boycott the ARGUS once and for all....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
So the 'new look' Arsegas is going to contain the following........

'A daily full page of Premiership news', so we can forget about them covering much non league LOCAL football news, and no doubt that ******* of a RETARD Naylor will water down Albion coverage in favour of the glamour of the Premiershit (and a few jollies up to London etc etc), as if we didnt have enough over saturation in the national media (where it belongs) of the Premiershit, we now have to put up with it in our so called LOCAL paper.

'A weekly coloumn from (their words) 'Albion fanatic (?!) cum house husband Mike Ward. Yet again over saturation, and its not as if we dont already get enough of his rather tedious ramblings about this, that and the ****ing other !! I wonder if Harty has been given the boot in favour of Ward who quite frankly (despite his good work on Falmer) is really getting on a lot of peoples tits ??

So all in all a total ****ING sell out for the people of Sussex who still buy this shit (I admittedly bought one tonight pissed walking up Dyke Road) and I really hope that they sink into oblivion this time.

Last edited:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
Rougvie said:

I admittedly bought one tonight pissed walking up Dyke Road.

did u buy it from video choice?:)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Nah, Tesco Express.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
<claps>

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Agree, the Argus is pile of pap and the site is shocking. I don't bother with it anymore, I use the NewsNow site for Albion news, bloody good, just ignore the Argus links (which are few and far between anyway).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
reason they will cover premshite is that its easier to cover ,cheaper costs etc..they can cut and paste other articles from the major news papers without having to send mr Naylor on a jolly ...basiclly a watered down version of the existing paper ..You will in effect be reading seconhand news (if you buy it ) !!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
GNF on Tour said:
Agree, the Argus is pile of pap and the site is shocking. I don't bother with it anymore, I use the NewsNow site for Albion news, bloody good, just ignore the Argus links (which are few and far between anyway).

Wots the NewsNow site you mention - got a link or address?

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
Mike Ward seems to get in everywhere, what with him often on src, his new regular column in the matchday programme (which is absolute shite) and now the argus.

If we all moved to a different part of the country, I ask you this, would you support a different football team?
Enough said!!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I think it can only improve. I look forward to seeing what they have to offer and then I will make up my mind.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Why not do as I do. Go into Tesco in your lunch break. Read the sport off the back page. Return it to the shelf and move on.

I can't believe p[eople actually pay money for two pages of news at the front, two pages of 'sport' at the back and a shit load of adverts in the middle!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
The most irritating reporter is actually Paul Holden, the Argus' 'Worthing Correspondent'. He rarely has a good word to say about the town and spend all his time bashing anyone trying to make any kind of difference. His pet hate is the cycle lane along the front, even though the majority of people questioned said they wanted it. A cycle lane along the front works in many other seaside towns in Sussex, including places dominated by crusties. Why is he so anti-progress? We don't all want to drive everywhere!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Evening Arsegas is shyte and has been for years, toddlers could write a better paper, in fact most of NSC is more factual and acurate !!!

a total waste of money

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Time to boycott the Argus!?!? I've bought about five copies in as many years.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Faldo said:
www.newsnow.net - select brighton from the footy menu on the left.

Best news site going, says I.

very good site, bascially it gets all Brighton related news (any news aswell) from various news websites/papers/articles from up and down the country which mention Brighton...decent stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here