Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bigger home crowds and above them in the League. I am gonna LOVE it (copyright KK) when that day comes. To be able to mock their league position and shitty ground will be a high spot on our rise through the Leagues, which IS gonna come, but when? :clap2:

End of year one in Falmer is my prediction

I think there needs to be a sense of reality about this. Bloom does not have an Abromovich like bottomless pit of money to splash about. Yes we may well have greater funds for players (yet to be proven), but let's not kid ourselves we are going to be a team of lower league "Galacticos" next year! Evolution, not revolution. Build it properly and it will last.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think there needs to be a sense of reality about this. Bloom does not have an Abromovich like bottomless pit of money to splash about. Yes we may well have greater funds for players (yet to be proven), but let's not kid ourselves we are going to be a team of lower league "Galacticos" next year! Evolution, not revolution. Build it properly and it will last.

Hang on I'm talking about overtaking a 2 bit shit hole of a club in Croydon not winning the Champions League :(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
As soon as we play our first game at Falmer in the Championship we will be bigger than Palace.

There must also be a fair chance that they will be in League One by then anyway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we always have been ....................just having a nap

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ha ha, funny stuff

In about 10 years maybe? I guess it might help to play your rivals more than about 4 times in 15 years?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would argue that in order to be a 'bigger' club than Palace we would need to have a decent stadium and finish above them consistently (sp?) over a period of years.

I know that traditionally lots more than results are loooked at when deciding how 'big' a club is. However, look at Leeds - they have shown themselves to be a consistant league one club - hence my assertion that in order to be bigger than Place,, we will need to regularly finish above them in the league.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If only our record against our rivals was as good as yours, eh?!

:wozza: :wozza: :wozza: :wozza:

Full results history of Spurs v Arsenal

However least we PLAY our rivals twice a year in the league, yes they are better than us - but I would still take that over hardly ever playing them.

But never mind you can crow over a club in the league above with more money, a better team and currently a better ground.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
we always have been ....................just having a nap

To be fair Palace have achieved a bit more than us but historically there is very little to chose between the two.

I have always said that Palace will have a massive decline, maybe spend some time in the basement division before being rescued by a new owner who will build a new stadium in Purley way/valley park and realise the clubs potential. In 20 years time Palace will be one of the bigger clubs in London and we will be the most successfull on the south coast.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
This is a dream you lot have had for many, many years now.

You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you going to have a dream come true?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here