Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision Song Contest

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Is our song any good this year? or have the rules changed in some way? UK to finish 19th-24th is 9/2 which seems a cracking bet as everybody hates us and its always political as hell,worth going LARGE on US??

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Apparently Azerbaijan have an entry worthy of Bucks Fizz and should be backed off the boards. I will also be lumping on the Romanians who have a entry which is apparently all the rage in Bucharest. Even Ceausescu is humming it and he has been dead 20 years.

Our entry is alright this year. Not like nil points 'Hi my name is Gemma and My name is Chris' 'Together we are Gemini' (HOW?) and Scouch our whatever thier name was. They were cruelly robbed of no points by Malta giving us a protest vote for the eastern european fixing. Whilst 9-2 is appealing we are being tipped to do better than usual which might see us into mid table.

Norway are the hot favourites.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
hopefully in a sense there will be judges there will be less of a biased vote on east europe, but we will probably not win, and every russian Ive seen on the British messages on the website has been slagging us off, so they probably wont vote for us

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We will not win that is all I know.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Apparently Azerbaijan have an entry worthy of Bucks Fizz and should be backed off the boards. I will also be lumping on the Romanians who have a entry which is apparently all the rage in Bucharest. Even Ceausescu is humming it and he has been dead 20 years.

Our entry is alright this year. Not like nil points 'Hi my name is Gemma and My name is Chris' 'Together we are Gemini' (HOW?) and Scouch our whatever thier name was. They were cruelly robbed of no points by Malta giving us a protest vote for the eastern european fixing. Whilst 9-2 is appealing we are being tipped to do better than usual which might see us into mid table.

Norway are the hot favourites.

but are you taking politics into consideration there? no matter how good our song is surely we wont make it into the top half will we?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
just had a look,not sure of they have done this in previous years but 50% of each countries votes are done my a panal of judges, with the other 50% being phone/txt vote,suppose thats why we have a better chance.still cant see us being top 10

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Apparently we are 4th favourite.

How?...

Because there are still idiots in this country who do understand that politics play a big part in this. So bet on Britain to win thus bringing down the price.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Because there are still idiots in this country who do understand that politics play a big part in this. So bet on Britain to win thus bringing down the price.

but if they understood politics were involved why would they bet on the UK?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This will be a straight dogfight between Norway and Greece.

They were the last 2 names to be confimed as finalists in last night's semi-final, the drama of delaying their participation just adding to the hype for both songs. Statistically, the chances of the 2 favourites coming out last was 1 in 45, so some forces look to be at work.

Greece's stage set must have cost a fortune and you don't spend that sort of dosh on a song that gets eliminated in the preliminaries.

I'm not convinced that things will be any more impartial with the "jury" system back. It's not transparent and for Norway now to be odds-on to win when the standard of songs is at an all-time high is suspicious at best.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Statistically, the chances of the 2 favourites coming out last was 1 in 45, so some forces look to be at work.

Same chance as them coming out 1st and 2nd, 1st and 3rd etc etc.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just adding to my earlier post, the fact that Norway seem nailed-on is confirmed by Malta's odds - you can get 66-1 on the girl to win despite the fact on her previous 2 times as an entrant she came 3rd, then 2nd and this year's song met with favourable comments on the telly.

The juries will fix their votes so the big 4 - UK, France, Spain and Germany all get respectable points. Give that the UK and France have wheeled in big names I expect then to get lots of 5-7 rankings from the juries, so because that's 50% of the overall mark I expect us and France to get lots of 3s and 4s.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard that Chechen " rebels " were planning a spectacular armed attack on The Eurovision Song contest as a protest over the Russian atrocities and the corrupt system which gave them a Putin approved pro-Russian president despite no-one voting for him.

When they found out more about Eurovision they cancelled as it is already a fixed vote atrocity and torture and they couldn't make it any worse :laugh:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt the competition in it's current format will ever come back from Eastern Europe. The voting will keep it there forever

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
What a f***ing joke this programme is, how the f*** did this guy win it last year?
He's bloody miming, what a farce...not as bad as the English one I bet

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Well I'm on my second glass of wine, I managed to be able to remember and sing along to the winner from the last year!!

Lithuania sound quite good!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here