Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shower problem- 2nd opinion required please

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just wondered whether any plumbers out there on NSC who could diagnose my Electric Shower problem.

I have Triton Spellbind and having showered the other day, when i turned it off the wall unit made a bit of a gurgling noise and shot out a few drops of scalding water which i managed to sidestep. When the Mrs tried to take a shower a few minutes after there was no problem starting shower up and no flow/pressure issues but its just cold water coming out and the LED temp indicator just freezes at 15C.

Would be grateful for any 2nd opinion. The plumber i use is sound chap and not a cowboy but he has advised that its probaly the element gone and its new shower time. The shower is 5 years old i live in a hard water but shower head is regularly cleaned.

Cheers

Jan 30, 2008
Just wondered whether any plumbers out there on NSC who could diagnose my Electric Shower problem.

I have Triton Spellbind and having showered the other day, when i turned it off the wall unit made a bit of a gurgling noise and shot out a few drops of scalding water which i managed to sidestep. When the Mrs tried to take a shower a few minutes after there was no problem starting shower up and no flow/pressure issues but its just cold water coming out and the LED temp indicator just freezes at 15C.

Would be grateful for any 2nd opinion. The plumber i use is sound chap and not a cowboy but he has advised that its probaly the element gone and its new shower time. The shower is 5 years old i live in a hard water but shower head is regularly cleaned.

Cheers

aqualisa is the way forward .

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
damm , i thought it was a golden shower thread

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
have you tried turning it off and back on again?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is a replaceable gizmo in electric showers called a pressure relief device. PRD. It's just a flow valve type thingy, quite easy to replace ,if you can get one for your model, Triton are quite good with spares.
When it goes just cold water comes out, as per your symptoms.

You have not been charged for this advice.

Your shower is scaled up, and subsequently reduces the flow rate, and needs replacing. Cleaning the shower head doesnt remove scale from the heating element. If you sound chap is so good why a second opinion? If hes so good he has probably recommended an inline electrolytic scale reducer with the next shower.

HCQ

p.s. What sort of retard lets his missus in a shower knowing its faulty? Or is she not all that?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it's f***ed.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Your shower is scaled up, and subsequently reduces the flow rate, and needs replacing. Cleaning the shower head doesnt remove scale from the heating element. If you sound chap is so good why a second opinion? If hes so good he has probably recommended an inline electrolytic scale reducer with the next shower.

HCQ

p.s. What sort of retard lets his missus in a shower knowing its faulty? Or is she not all that?
i love your username and i love your avatar

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The electrolytic descaling device is a good idea but if you were to locate it on the copper pipe where water enters the property, ie near the stopcock, this would help stop build up in the whole house and not just the shower.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The electrolytic descaling device is a good idea but if you were to locate it on the copper pipe where water enters the property, ie near the stopcock, this would help stop build up in the whole house and not just the shower.

And just cause the stop cock to clog buggering up whole supply to the house or when you get a leak you can't turn the bloody thing off:lolol:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

HCQ

Good advice - 5 years is a good innings for an average Leccy shower.

Junk it, ideally buy a MIRA replacement - they are the 'Ronseal' of electric showers.

Make sure the inline descaler has a good through flow - if not, they can knock a bit off your flow and pressure, and leccy showers need both to work well.

BTW, get the plumber/Part P electrician to see if you can have a higher KW rating unit. Depending upon cable supplies etc, an easy upgrade.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

And what sort of a retard thinks a spot of cold water is going to kill her! Is it the fact that you don't have a woman your real issue?:tosser:

Thank you to those with helpul advice and a new shower is being fitted today and as some of you suggested he is fitting the descaling gizmo.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
And what sort of a retard thinks a spot of cold water is going to kill her! Is it the fact that you don't have a woman your real issue?

Who's to say whether HCQ is a bloke or a woman?

It might be HC herself for all we know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here